First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Coder
It's just a lowly XL, but that doesn't mean I can't give it that car show shine. Clay bar, ceramic hybrid wax. My only regret is that I waited six months after purchase, and it had already lived through a summer of being parked outside in the sunlight and getting covered in bug splatter. There's already some very minor, superficial damage that can probably be buffed out someday by someone who knows what they're doing (I don't trust myself to do paint correction).

I can't stand sun-bleached, peeling, spider-webbed clear coat, even if this is a basic af work truck.

Also, race red :cool:

2021-11-09.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks good! I'd say that 6 months isn't going to really harm the paint much unless you were out here in the heat we have. I know when I had my red Trans Am that seemed to oxidize a lot more than other colors so I would keep a good coat on there going forward. Twice a year should be good and you could hit it every couple weeks with some speed detailer or gloss enhancer and it'll really pop.

OP
OP
Slaughterbrau19
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Coder
Looks good! I'd say that 6 months isn't going to really harm the paint much unless you were out here in the heat we have. I know when I had my red Trans Am that seemed to oxidize a lot more than other colors so I would keep a good coat on there going forward. Twice a year should be good and you could hit it every couple weeks with some speed detailer or gloss enhancer and it'll really pop.
Thanks! That hybrid stuff ain't cheap, so I'm hoping it I only have to do it twice a year. The good thing is that it's not particularly labor intensive, and overspray doesn't seem to damage the surrounding trim. Unlike Turtle Wax, which was an all-day job, and I still ended up with residue I couldn't get rid of, even after taping over everything meticulously.

I'm not going to baby the thing and obsess over every blemish, but a few bucks and a bit of labor goes a long way. No need to let the thing fade out of sheer neglect.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks! That hybrid stuff ain't cheap, so I'm hoping it I only have to do it twice a year. The good thing is that it's not particularly labor intensive, and overspray doesn't seem to damage the surrounding trim. Unlike Turtle Wax, which was an all-day job, and I still ended up with residue I couldn't get rid of, even after taping over everything meticulously.

I'm not going to baby the thing and obsess over every blemish, but a few bucks and a bit of labor goes a long way. No need to let the thing fade out of sheer neglect.
The new waxes are so much easier to apply and remove then the old paste wax. I use the 303 Graphene (good for up to a year) and I did 2 coats because the sun is brutal out here. It's been just about a year and it's held up great and will strip it off, clay and add 2 more coats in the next couple weeks.

I use this gloss enhancer every 2 weeks and it really makes it shine. You mix it 3/1 so a qt gives you a gallon and it goes a long way. Takes about 10 minutes to do the whole truck. No need to wash it first just make sure it's clean and dust free. I also use a California Duster every couple days to clean it off.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
So Shiny ?

I wish I could keep mine looking nice. Only had it 9 months and the kids and the parking lots have already left their marks.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Red is bad for sun fade, but it's just barely ahead of a lot of other colors. I live in Utah, where the climate will happily destroy everything you own, and there are a lot of sun-wrecked paint jobs up here.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's just a lowly XL, but that doesn't mean I can't give it that car show shine. Clay bar, ceramic hybrid wax. My only regret is that I waited six months after purchase, and it had already lived through a summer of being parked outside in the sunlight and getting covered in bug splatter. There's already some very minor, superficial damage that can probably be buffed out someday by someone who knows what they're doing (I don't trust myself to do paint correction).

I can't stand sun-bleached, peeling, spider-webbed clear coat, even if this is a basic af work truck.

Also, race red :cool:

2021-11-09.jpg
It does look good but the problem with reds and yellows and such is that reds and yellows and anything related to them fade the fastest. Down here in Florida and in Arizona-just ask AZScorpian) where they get that sun beating down on them at LEAST nine months of the year where I'm at, longer further south, really make some fade fast. I think the graphite coating probably helps preserve that. Being retired I'm parked in the garage most of the day so I would be concerned about it. I always wanted a candy apple red but I just can't do read because of the fading issue. Mazdas red is very close to Candy Apple red sunlight. It is a beautiful red but I hate Mazda and they don't make a Ranger or an F150.

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
Does look great broski!

I have been using Griots garage ceramic wax coat(looks Neon Green). Its performing well. Doubt that it holds up like the graphite stuff but its spray on wipe off, super easy. I try and use it once a month after a wash.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Very nice job looks great! I will be waiting until spring to do my Ranger. I have a feeling this is going to be a long winter here in Oregon. Lots of rain. My Ranger will not fit in my garage either. Bummer.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger will be here in a few weeks. I will polish it next Spring. Despite what some say, IMO, paints are "soft" when the vehicle is raw new (found out the hard way before) and get fine scratches easily. Never use a car wash either! I like Zaino products and have several different gloss enhancers I use as well. Ditto on the California Duster! I have never used Ceramic Coating and have really not found it to be necessary if you use other quality products. I take care of all of my vehicles......one reason I will be getting more in trade for my F150! (6 years old and looks show room new).

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Is it ok to use a speed detailer like product on a Ranger with dealer applied paint protection?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is it ok to use a speed detailer like product on a Ranger with dealer applied paint protection?
The gloss enhancer I use (linked above) is compatible with all finishes. I use it over Graphene and it lasts about 2 weeks until the shine dulls down. We don't get much rain here so I just run a California duster over the truck and re-apply. If it's dirty you should always wash first.
Sponsored