First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
Ask them to do it with you sitting in the drivers seat. That might get them to look at things differently.
Funny you say that I had my 67 Camaro alignment like that with me in it
Sponsored

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
The alignment and toe are fine. If you need your steering wheel centered, just ask for that. All they need to do push the left tie rod out and pull the right in, and confirm it's still in spec.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The alignment and toe are fine. If you need your steering wheel centered, just ask for that. All they need to do push the left tie rod out and pull the right in, and confirm it's still in spec.
You are incorrect there sir. There's a thing called dynamic alignment. This is something I learned about with my 2019. At first I set the toe to zero without my fat ass in it and when I would get in the truck it would cost tow to go out. This would cause a nice Shake in the steering wheel at Highway speeds. I almost thought it was my tire since I just installed brand new tires as well. After making sure the tires were okay I checked the alignment with my fat ass in it and noticed what it was doing. That's when I adjusted the toe in just a few degrees on each wheel and never had a problem after that.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
You are incorrect there sir. There's a thing called dynamic alignment. This is something I learned about with my 2019. At first I set the toe to zero without my fat ass in it and when I would get in the truck it would cost tow to go out. This would cause a nice Shake in the steering wheel at Highway speeds. I almost thought it was my tire since I just installed brand new tires as well. After making sure the tires were okay I checked the alignment with my fat ass in it and noticed what it was doing. That's when I adjusted the toe in just a few degrees on each wheel and never had a problem after that.
No, I'm not incorrect. Ford is, apparently, considering they are they ones who set the alignment specs on the truck. I'm fairly sure Ford was familiar with the aspect of the dynamic geometric changes a suspension goes throughout it's suspension travel when they set the static alignment specifications, wouldn't ya think? I don't know how your toe being at zero would cause your steering wheel to shake, and the OP hasn't said anything about their steering wheel shaking on the highway.
curb.JPG

algnmnt.JPG

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
When I get an alignment I ask for it to be dead nuts, hell with a test drive. Looks like they aligned it for a crest in the road. It will respond differently between the left and right lane on a large highway to to the crest.

But I am picky and get it realigned when its barely off because I feel it. Just my 2 cents.
I've had mine to the dealer 2 times for this same thing, and all they did was another alignment and said it was off a hair. Still wearing on tires. 4 alignments since March, and still not right. Not sure what to do from here. Maybe get rid of it.
Sponsored