First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I have received several quotes from installers around town and PPF is not cheap. I’ve been quoted anywhere from 800-1500 depending on coverage.
What are other Ranger owners being quoted and/or paid for PPF?
Sponsored

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I have received several quotes from installers around town and PPF is not cheap. I’ve been quoted anywhere from 800-1500 depending on coverage.
What are other Ranger owners being quoted and/or paid for PPF?
Have not gone for a quote but I’ve seen places local to me advertising 1000 for front bumper and leading parts of hood and fenders. That was for a small sedan. I’d imagine the ranger would be even more.

There are a few sellers on eBay selling pre cut kits for the ranger. Going to give that a try as the price was 140 for the materials for the leading edges of the hood and fenders and mirror cap. If you want to give it a go yourself.

OP
OP
Obijack

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Thanks, I know better than to try to do it myself. Just hate to part with $1000 though.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Thanks, I know better than to try to do it myself. Just hate to part with $1000 though.
Yep. That’s what made me at least be convinced to give it a try. I did the door cups on my truck and learned some stuff from doing it. I feel confident enough to at least try the fender and mirrors before trying the half hood. I figure worst case some air bubbles and the savings is worth it versus some paint chips down the line.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I haven't gotten a quote for my Ranger as it ain't showed up at the dealer yet. But, those prices seem in line for what I paid for Expel on my other vehicles. Just remember, the effectiveness of the PPF greatly depends on the quality of installation. So, chose your installer wisely. It has saved my wife's Mustang bumper already on one occasion.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
My quote for coverage not including the roof, rear bumper and tailgate was $4700. 10 year warranty.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Have not gone for a quote but I’ve seen places local to me advertising 1000 for front bumper and leading parts of hood and fenders. That was for a small sedan. I’d imagine the ranger would be even more.

There are a few sellers on eBay selling pre cut kits for the ranger. Going to give that a try as the price was 140 for the materials for the leading edges of the hood and fenders and mirror cap. If you want to give it a go yourself.
I bought one of those precut kits and applied it myself. There are a few spots where I didn't adhere it quite well enough and there are black spots now - but it is protecting the front of my truck.

If you do decide to do it yourself, take your time and use a hair dryer to help stretch the film. The front end curves are difficult to do.
Sponsored