POST COVID-19 Trip to Arctic Circle

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a crazy thought. After we get cut loose, who would be interested in a trip to the Arctic Circle in Alaska. I am thinking about setting up with a RTT, and making the journey. https://goo.gl/maps/TL7h77hSHjTBwq8w9

OKAY in all Seriousness - How about a trip to Manache Meadows in California for a camping trip?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 1634

I do actually have a trip up the Alaska Highway and Dempster Highway to the Arctic Ocean in Canada on my list. But the only problem is the time that would take. I'd have to take 3-4 weeks off work in order to really do it right and take time to enjoy it. And since I currently only get 4 weeks of PTO a year and can roll over 1 week, that doesn't leave much time for all the other things I want to do. So I'll at least have to wait a few years to get the extra week a year.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I do actually have a trip up the Alaska Highway and Dempster Highway to the Arctic Ocean in Canada on my list. But the only problem is the time that would take. I'd have to take 3-4 weeks off work in order to really do it right and take time to enjoy it. And since I currently only get 4 weeks of PTO a year and can roll over 1 week, that doesn't leave much time for all the other things I want to do. So I'll at least have to wait a few years to get the extra week a year.
I have made the trip on a MC and it took 5 days. I am planning two weeks for the Arctic Circle Trip.

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
At first I thought you were talking about Arctic Circle Drive In. Used to have them here in Wa. in the late 60's. Always liked their fry sauce.
I've actually been across and above the circle being a retired Alaska tug Captain.
Sounds like a fantastic trip. Enjoy!

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I used to work in Purdhoe Bay, AK often. Its amazing how it can still get into the 30s in the summer, which for a CA native is to cold fr the summer. I used to always see guys on motorcycles who had ended trips they had started in South America, seems like it must have been quite a journey on a motorcycle. Would be much nicer in a Ranger.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Im down for a group trip! Might need to add a few fuel cans though.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I would be in, if it wasn't so far away!

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
At first I thought you were talking about Arctic Circle Drive In. Used to have them here in Wa. in the late 60's. Always liked their fry sauce.
I've actually been across and above the circle being a retired Alaska tug Captain.
Sounds like a fantastic trip. Enjoy!
I remember those. Was a real treat to go there.

Deleted member 1634

I would be in, if it wasn't so far away!
The journey is part of the fun though! Especially if there's things to do and see along the way. That's why my trip would have to take like 4 weeks. Sure, you could do the 62hrs in 5 days, but that's no fun. And given OPs route choice based on his google share, there'd be plenty of amazing sights following the Rockies up like that. Though I could also see going up the coast to Vancouver and then cutting in through BC and the Canadian Rockies would be pretty nice too. Maybe take that on the way back. haha

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I mean so far away just to get there from here before I even start! The road trip I would look forward to once there.

Deleted member 1634

I mean so far away just to get there from here before I even start! The road trip I would look forward to once there.
Ahh, yeah, I see it now. Very true. haha
Sponsored