JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
WTH.. I noticed my front isn’t evenly gapped from a photo of my putco grille I posted on here. This scares me about what I can’t see. Come on man, it’s American made in Detroit. Manufactured 04/2021 (last month).

truck.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeffWoodall

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you didnt get the shirt either??

1621622736330.png
No but I read on the windshield sticker that says “made with American pride”. Came off the Assembly line last month.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yep lol. As much as I love my F150 for the mechanics and driving feel, it’s littered with quality control issues.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Your hood overlaps you fenders too? You haven't already noticed that already?

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Made in America means nothing haha. In fact, id argue it’s probably worse considering you expect more and get less vs expect less and can be pleasantly surprised.

Hellrazor

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
Probably been wrecked before

OP
OP
JeffWoodall

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Probably been wrecked before
It just rolled off the assembly line in April...2021, last month. 980 miles. That isn't from a wreck, that is from poor workmanship.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
It just rolled off the assembly line in April...2021, last month. 980 miles. That isn't from a wreck, that is from poor workmanship.
Sell it to Carvana. they won't notice it or care. LOL

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Take her back to your dealer, the body shop will line it up for you. The hood on the wife's Mustang was too far to the right, and my dealer took care of it. It shouldn't be this way, but that's life.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
after two years i finally decided to loosen the bolts and pull my fenders out a bit. wasnt enough though.
I was fairly lucky with mine. The only thing not right on mine is the right rear half doors latch drags. I'd have to pull the door panel off to get to the thing, so it stays as is.

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
These are the things that we have warranty for! I can't think of anything from my iPhone to my Computer to my Cars or Trucks that is mass produced that does not have some misc. quality control issues here and there and unfortunately, some units just get the short end of the straw. It is the nature of the beast known as mass production. I am not calling you out or trolling this in any way, but I've read so many groups where some people expect Bentley hand craftsmanship on a $30-$40k mass produced vehicle and it's just not gonna happen on the assembly line.

OP
OP
JeffWoodall

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was fairly lucky with mine. The only thing not right on mine is the right rear half doors latch drags. I'd have to pull the door panel off to get to the thing, so it stays as is.
I'm OCD and even with that, can probably live with this, but it makes me wonder what else is there that I can't see. I don't want them to "fix" this by moving crap around, probably will just let it go.
These are the things that we have warranty for! I can't think of anything from my iPhone to my Computer to my Cars or Trucks that is mass produced that does not have some misc. quality control issues here and there and unfortunately, some units just get the short end of the straw. It is the nature of the beast known as mass production. I am not calling you out or trolling this in any way, but I've read so many groups where some people expect Bentley hand craftsmanship on a $30-$40k mass produced vehicle and it's just not gonna happen on the assembly line.
Yeah, I get what you are saying. I am OCD and even with that can probably live with this. The reality of it is I don't want them pulling, pushing and readjusting to "fix" this. I will just let it be. Still worry about other things I can't see, but then, I have a 8 year/100K warranty so I will just drive it and take good care of it and let the chips fall where they may. Worry and stress does too much harm.
Sponsored