OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
2 on the odometer is a good sign. Means it wasn't shunted and shuffled around awaiting repairs in final conditioning, it was off the, roll test, then in to the shipping yard! Best of luck!
Thanks! It even had the chips for the heated steering wheel, seats, and rear sensors. Lucked into finding this one in transit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Guy
Everything happens for a reason and this will be a good truck for you now. Hopefully prices for used vehicles stays high and you can trade it in (if you want one) for the next gen Ranger. Good luck with your new truck!
Here's hoping! I'm in love with the 6th gen but we couldn't operate with a single car for that long. Never thought I'd end up with a Colorado after not liking them twice... Guess this one was meant for me :p

OP
OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Guy
Is it the V6 or the mini dirtymax??? The colorado ZR2 with a duramax was my first choice, I just couldnt find one. The ranger is fitting the bill so far tho. Congrats on the new whip!!!
A diesel zr2 would be a ton of fun, but that's like the unicorn of unicorns haha. This is just a gas z71, but I'm impressed with the power plant so far... Until I start tracking MPG after break in :p

OP
OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Guy
Since RP hasn't chimed in yet...
Adios. Don't let the tailgate hit you on the way out. :wink:
But... It can't hit me. It's got a factory damper and I'm agile ;)

OP
OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Guy
The lowest I've ever had on a new vehicle was 6 miles on my 2018 Pro4X Frontier.

My 2017 Wrangler had 10 when I first looked at it and 40 when I bought it. I took it for a good test drive.

My Ranger had 22 :eek:
My new 2014 Forester had 8 miles on it but it came all the way from Japan, so that's fair. So happy to get it without a bunch of random customer farts already loaded into the seats.

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
A diesel zr2 would be a ton of fun, but that's like the unicorn of unicorns haha. This is just a gas z71, but I'm impressed with the power plant so far... Until I start tracking MPG after break in :p
Yeah one of the reasons I never pulled the trigger on the V6 ZR2’ poor mpgs haha. Just drove the Ranger from MT to Yuma and avg mpg was 27.2. I’m happy with that. Haha

Last edited:

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Ummm ok… I’m not flipping, tried them not for me… visibility while driving sucks.. I feel like I’m in a submarine on a Disney ride… plus it “feels “ like a GM product…

Good luck in your new ride!!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Was really hoping to build a 2022 Ranger or wait for the redesign, but my wife's car blew up just before Christmas and it put us in a bind. The net result was getting a Colorado Z71 that I caught in transit in this spiffy sand dune color. Not exactly what I wanted, but it came with a damper, sooooo :)

Started with 2 on the odometer this morning, up to 140. Loving it so far!

Hoping to reassess the market in a couple years, maybe join team Ranger in the 6th gen.

Thanks for all your help with my many questions over the past few months! Wish the Ranger crew nothing but the best!
PXL_20220115_171426074.jpg
Hey, nice truck! Happy trails, buddy! (See you in the 6th Generation!)

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.
We should all be thankful you didnt choose a tacoma.
If he had chosen a Tacoma you would be late to the pile-on.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If he had chosen a Tacoma you would be late to the pile-on.

I think the OP is smart enough to know not to come on here and say he bought a Taco. He's know's what'll happen. ?

Chairs.gif

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
We had a guy when we started building Camaro's in 2010 caught on camera doing donuts at the far end of the car plant. I think he got a 30 days suspension for joyriding. ☹
In the 90s I worked at a Porsche dealership and one Saturday a truck showed up 2 days early with a customers new 911 inside. Normally we had the Porsche technicians unload the Porsches and bring them in for the PDI but being a Saturday afternoon, it was only oil change guys and detailers in the service department. An ambitious kid in the detail shop was outside when the truck rolled in and he told the driver he could unload the car and bring it inside. As he's coming inside, he's revving the engine and smiling...and before any of us can pull him out of the car he dumps the clutch, expecting a little chirp or burnout I'm sure but instead the car does a wicked donut and wraps itself around a concrete pillar. Sounded like a bomb going off. Kid didn't even shut it off - just got out, grabbed his coat, and left. One of those moments in life I'll never forget.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Is it the V6 or the mini dirtymax??? The colorado ZR2 with a duramax was my first choice, I just couldnt find one. The ranger is fitting the bill so far tho. Congrats on the new whip!!!
ZR2 Bison with Duramax was my first choice but at 53,000 it was too big a pill for me to swallow for a midsize truck.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I think the OP is smart enough to know not to come on here and say he bought a Taco. He's know's what'll happen. ?

Chairs.gif
And what if he had bought the new Frontier - would that be worthy of as much condemnation as a Tacoma ? When I became a sales person for what was once was the 2nd largest IT firm, after a few months on the job doing some cold calling my thoughts were that it was similar to peoples perception of autos things like "HP they s*ck, I wouldn't use their stuff for free" and so on and so forth, heard very little actually based on factual info, just pre conceived often inaccurate bias. As long as they liked me (of course they all did) I didn't care, but for anyone who sells or has sold - personal like or dislike was often a bigger factor.
Having said the above I think GM sucks worse than Yota, no offense intended to the OP.
Sponsored