First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I don't have any peeves since mine is still 5-7 weeks out. Oh wait, there's my pet peeve. It takes Ford too dang long to build one? :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
The front removable carpet mats are one inch too narrow . All the pebbles from my shoes get caught between the mats and the carpet . Almost looks like I sweep all the crud into this small gap intensionally .

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My pet peev is people that say rpms. It is NOT rpm's'. It is just RPM.
Screams ill-informed in my eyes.
Don't believe me just look at your tach someday.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is R'sPM better?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
You are correct in saying it is RPM not RPMs. RPMs are actually raised pavement markers. You know those little reflective things that are ground in the pavement usually between the lane lines or in channel lines.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I just got my Ranger five days ago. My only gripe right now was the tip of my shoe was hitting the AC duct above the brake pedal when i swung it over from the gas pedal. I tried to adapt to a different foot position but old habits are hard to change.

I removed the plastic duct and trimmed just under an inch off and reinstalled. Today in NYC stop and go no issues. If you do this remember to disconnect the temperature sensor when removing.

Deleted member 1634

You are correct in saying it is RPM not RPMs. RPMs are actually raised pavement markers. You know those little reflective things that are ground in the pavement usually between the lane lines or in channel lines.
You mean those things that get put down every time they repave a road and immediately get ripped up by the plow in the winter? haha

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
You mean those things that get put down every time they repave a road and immediately get ripped up by the plow in the winter? haha
yep If installed properly a plow would not touch them :clap:

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Damn some of you sure are picky, like a few others I don’t understand the want of a tailgate damper, it weighs like 5 pounds.

My only complaint is that when air is blowing out the top vents it is great but when turned 50/50 lower and upper vents. It barely blows anything out and sounds like most of the air is behind the dash blowing. Dealer said there’s nothing wrong with it
Mine was honest, he said they knew about it and documented it

PierreD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
AV Tech
I don't have any peeves since mine is still 5-7 weeks out. Oh wait, there's my pet peeve. It takes Ford too dang long to build one? :)
I ordered my Ranger March 12th.
Got the call today that it arrived and will be ready for "pick up" next Wednesday!!!
7.5 Months...
??

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I ordered my Ranger March 12th.
Got the call today that it arrived and will be ready for "pick up" next Wednesday!!!
7.5 Months...
??
Oh my goodness. What took it so long? But, congratulations. Post some pics when you get it home. I would have went nuts waiting that long.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I grew up in Virginia, and there learned to have my tires rotated and balanced every other oil change (roughly 6000 miles). That habit served us well, and kept our tires in generally good condition (for the abuse they received from roads/weather).

Moving out to AZ, my wife and I continue the balancing trend, but because we now get our oil changed every 5000 miles, we just get the rotation and balance at every oil change.

My peeve is that at every request to get my tires rotated and balanced, the technician (no matter whether at a local tire shop or at the Ford Dealer...as happened this weekend) finds it necessary to ask me why I want them to balance the tires. My reply is always the same..."because I asked you to".

Now I'm not asking anyone to do things for me for free. I KNOW it costs extra to balance my tires. I'm more than happy to pay for work I ask to be done. What I don't understand is why I have to have someone question me about my motives (while sometimes finding it necessary to assure me my tires really only need balancing around every 10K miles or every other oil change).

And that's my peeve. Do what I ask you to do and let me pay you for doing.

Happy Monday, y'all! :)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I grew up in Virginia, and there learned to have my tires rotated and balanced every other oil change (roughly 6000 miles). That habit served us well, and kept our tires in generally good condition (for the abuse they received from roads/weather).

Moving out to AZ, my wife and I continue the balancing trend, but because we now get our oil changed every 5000 miles, we just get the rotation and balance at every oil change.

My peeve is that at every request to get my tires rotated and balanced, the technician (no matter whether at a local tire shop or at the Ford Dealer...as happened this weekend) finds it necessary to ask me why I want them to balance the tires. My reply is always the same..."because I asked you to".

Now I'm not asking anyone to do things for me for free. I KNOW it costs extra to balance my tires. I'm more than happy to pay for work I ask to be done. What I don't understand is why I have to have someone question me about my motives (while sometimes finding it necessary to assure me my tires really only need balancing around every 10K miles or every other oil change).

And that's my peeve. Do what I ask you to do and let me pay you for doing.

Happy Monday, y'all! :)
Yes, that happens to me also (though could be because I'm a female, so therefore must have no sense:sunglasses:). I feel the same way. I don't expect anything for free. Please do it and tell me how much I owe. :)

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Yes, that happens to me also (though could be because I'm a female, so therefore must have no sense:sunglasses:). I feel the same way. I don't expect anything for free. Please do it and tell me how much I owe. :)
Very sad that some dealiars have to under perform on customer service. But I for one have a very good dealer that treats me with respect and go over and above my expectations .
When I had the oil changed the other day I asked that they check balance with road force machine and they did this at no cost. I feel very Blessed to have such a relationship with them. :clap:
Sponsored