First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
did anyone get this. Were do they put it,hood fenders lights ? and is it worth it
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t get any “extra” film if that’s what you mean. Just the little patches in front of the back wheel. I think that’s all. The stuff works to prevent chips, but yellows and cracks horribly over time and is Very difficult to remove without a repaint.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
did anyone get this. Were do they put it,hood fenders lights ? and is it worth it
I was thinking about getting it, but they don't really tell you the brand. Also, I was told it is only put on leading edge of hood, and front fenders. If you are interested I would find a local shop with a good history who specializes in ppf. It may be initially more money, but 9/10 times it will be a quality ppf such as 3m or expel. Also those have warranties and the shop may have warranties on their work as well. And that way you can get it on the spots you want it, not the spots ford thinks you want.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I didn’t get any “extra” film if that’s what you mean. Just the little patches in front of the back wheel. I think that’s all. The stuff works to prevent chips, but yellows and cracks horribly over time and is Very difficult to remove without a repaint.
Wait, is that what I peeled off the cab corners of my truck a couple weeks ago? I washed it and noticed these thick clear plastic looking sheets on the corners of the cab, so I removed them assuming it was some leftover protection from the factory.

I didn't even have to try hard, the edges were already lifted on them.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yep you sure did. The front tires throw rocks and they tend to hit in that exact area.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Charles, check with your local XPel installer for a price first. I have no idea the brand Ford uses, but I can attest that the XPel is great quality. And, the price may actually be cheaper than Fords. But, I don't know that for sure.

I haven't put any on my Ranger, and already have a chip on the left front facia just above the bumper. Bad decision on my part. If I were getting some I would do the bumper, the headlights, along with that small strip between the bumper, and grill. The front on the hood would be your option, but you may be able to see the trailing edge of the film depending on the color of your truck.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I'm having my dealer install 3M Paint Protection Film on mine when it comes in ETA 4/26 (just checked). I had it on my white '99 Cougar. Never yellowed, but the passenger side rear rocker area was starting to lift after five years.

OP
OP

Mackman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Thanks everyone for your reply's

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Yep you sure did. The front tires throw rocks and they tend to hit in that exact area.
Well wtf? That's bull, they were literally peeling like a dollar store sticker when I removed them...

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I installed my own PPF - it's not the world's simplest job, but it's not too terrible, either. If I were deciding what to do today, I may still decide to do my own install again just because it's so much more economical. I did front edge of roof, headlights, grill (which was a pain in the butt... probably would not do that again), bumper, lower bumper, rear view mirrors, and A pillars. I didn't do the front of the hood because I have a rock chip deflector.

If you are interested in seeing what it takes to DIY PPF, I included all the nitty-gritty in my video all about caring for the exterior of your Ranger here (link to specific timestamp on PPF):
Sponsored