P0299 Underboost

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
While driving on the highway today, cruise set at 65, my check engine came on and I had a noticeable loss in power. Got of at the next exit and plugged in my scanner/tuner and received a Code 0299 Turbo Underboost. My truck is tuned so I cleared the code and waiting to see if it happens again. I have to add...I don’t not run the truck hard at all...I drive like an old man! Haha!
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
While driving on the highway today, cruise set at 65, my check engine came on and I had a noticeable loss in power. Got of at the next exit and plugged in my scanner/tuner and received a Code 0299 Turbo Underboost. My truck is tuned so I cleared the code and waiting to see if it happens again. I have to add...I don’t not run the truck hard at all...I drive like an old man! Haha!
Hi Landis.

Hrrrrruph! I represent that remark about old man..... ?

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
Could be a few things, blown off intercooler coupler / bad turbo / loss of vacuum to the WGA.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed with Truck Naked. Check all your hoses and clamps from the air box all the way to the other side of the engine bay to the throttle body.

If it happens again - take it to a shop who can perform a boost leak test and tell you exactly where your potential leak is.

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I cleared the code and it's fine....so I'm thinking it's not a hose and maybe something more serious....I'll see if it comes back in the next couple days, if it does to Ford I go!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Out of curiosity what tune did you do with? I'm not to sure about elevation where you are at but out here in Colorado people who had tunes from 5Star would have that problem if the tune wasnt set for high elevation(kinda dumb when technology can adjust for just about anything).

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Out of curiosity what tune did you do with? I'm not to sure about elevation where you are at but out here in Colorado people who had tunes from 5Star would have that problem if the tune wasnt set for high elevation(kinda dumb when technology can adjust for just about anything).
I have the tune from Gearhead tuning installed. I am in the Pocono Mountains in Eastern Pa....but it's been fine for over a month. Fingers crossed that it was just a one time thing!

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Did you ever get this sorted out? I’m having the same issue
Yeah I put the Unleashed tube back in and haven’t looked back! Ha. No more issues and the Unleashed tune is awesome!

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lightning Blue Ranger
You ever run into this again? Currently running Livernois tune and on a 3k mile trip from Washington to Indiana and had it pop up while cruising on the interstate at 70 through Iowa and noticed the same symptoms. Cleared the code and was back to normal, planning to reach out to Livernois as well.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc