First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So for the off-road scene a front bumper like the ARB Summit(my example here) can help in many ways. To start off with you have added protection for the front. Second, your approach angle got a nice upgrade. Most will give you the option of a winch mount that is built in. You also have recovery points for a hi-lift jack.

Now you mention a thing about crumple zones. Well ARB I known as airbag certified. It is designed to work withe the crumple zones and will hold up in the event of a front-end collision.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Nothing else is going to have the approach angle of a frame-cut bumper like the one made by SVC...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Nothing else is going to have the approach angle of a frame-cut bumper like the one made by SVC...
Lol compared to all the bumper options out there there are many that still give the same approach angle that the SVC will give. Will you get the same protection from the SVC like you would from others like the ARB Summit? Not entirely but then again it also depends on what you are looking for in your particular build

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
(Urban assault)

Just my few pennies...

I'm in the market for a wicked front steel bumper to deal with parking. I currently live in an apartment rich neighborhood, which means lack of street parking.

These people have zero respect for others property, seeing the battle wounds on their cars.

So far I have added a tow hitch to deal with those parking behind me, now looking for either a bull bar or entire bumper swap for those parking in front of me.

What I'm trying to avoid, is that person trying to make it to work in a hurry in 4AM darkness and break the LED lights installed on the after market bumper.

Personally I would love a steel bumper installed on my 2wd that will never need a winch.

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
After reading the crash bar removal thread, I suppose adding a HD front bumper to offset the possible damage would be a great reason...
Sponsored