First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 roush ranger
Occupation
QC
I have a set of alpine component speakers coming for the front. The install pdf shows the tweeters hooked up to the woofer. When I install them do i just leave the factory tweeter plug not connected to anything?
Also another question, I tried replacing just the stock tweeters last week. Spliced them to the factory tweeter wires. Then installed the kicker key 200.4 amp and a wiring harness. But every 20 seconds or so the amp shuts off (PRT light) for about 2 seconds then comes back on. Keeps doing this non-stop. It's not getting hot, and the voltage never drops below 12.6v. Is it a impedance issue with the front speakers? The kicker key 200.4 is 4ohm minimum. The tweeters i put in are 6ohm alpine
Sponsored

nanohead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Most of the factory head units have some kind of load sensing mechanism to the speakers. I'm not entirely sure what they sense on, but I have the exact same problem you describe on our 2016 Cherokee that has a Metra DSP in it. The Metra install kit came with a small resistor that you need to place in the T harness, but I forget where it went.