Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I asked a dude I went to tech school with where he was from.

He looked at me, dead ass serious, and said "East Carolina."

They must've forgot about that state when my public school taught geography.
Most of those Carolinians are a lost cause lol (see Carolina squat). You were just supposed to know he was from somewhere between Raleigh and the Outer banks I guess.
Sponsored

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Ha! That’s the litmus test we use to decipher if someone is actually from Tn or has moved here. If they say “central Tn” then ya know..they ain’t from Tn lol. It’s West Tn, Middle Tn, or East Tn.
I wish that was the only test. In Nashville I’m surrounded by transplants. Recently I had someone who almost ran me over in the Kroger parking lot. I ran him down and slapped his car. His excuse was I wasn’t in the crosswalk (the yellow painted lines from the door to the lot). Asked where he had moved from, answer -New York. I asked him if he could look around and see New York, no, that’s because we’re in Tennessee dumbass. Just got a tshirt says, “Don’t California my Tennessee”.

and Memphis should be a part of Mississippi.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
I wish that was the only test. In Nashville I’m surrounded by transplants. Recently I had someone who almost ran me over in the Kroger parking lot. I ran him down and slapped his car. His excuse was I wasn’t in the crosswalk (the yellow painted lines from the door to the lot). Asked where he had moved from, answer -New York. I asked him if he could look around and see New York, no, that’s because we’re in Tennessee dumbass. Just got a tshirt says, “Don’t California my Tennessee”.

and Memphis should be a part of Mississippi.
Hi Clay,
I have to admit, when I retired from my job in Northern Indiana we moved to Tennessee. However, we were always taught in Indiana that the pedestrian always has the right a way. I don't care if you are walking down the middle of a busy road, a vehicle MUST stop and give the right a way to the pedestrian. I believe that this is the rule for all states. If not, it should be. It pisses me off when I am walking to my car / truck and some inconsiderate idiot damn near hits me because they think they are untouchable in their car. If I get hit, I will return the favor with my 9MM. Grrrrrrr :mad:
Sponsored