New Velocity Blue Bronco born today -

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Since we built a soft top we got our 4 door early and should be here before xmas - So says FORD who just emailed us the window sticker. It will be interesting to see how it compares engine wise to the Ranger since we did not opt for the 2.9 (More waiting) and instead ordered the 2.3 Turbo like ours in the Ranger. When the hard top fiasco is over we plan to get a color matched hard top. This pic is what we are expecting. Kinda expensive way to get out of buying new tires for the 2020 competiton HI Po stick shift Mustang! Yes, this is for "her' and trading in the Stang.

maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Since we built a soft top we got our 4 door early and should be here before xmas - So says FORD who just emailed us the window sticker. It will be interesting to see how it compares engine wise to the Ranger since we did not opt for the 2.9 (More waiting) and instead ordered the 2.3 Turbo like ours in the Ranger. When the hard top fiasco is over we plan to get a color matched hard top. This pic is what we are expecting. Kinda expensive way to get out of buying new tires for the 2020 competiton HI Po stick shift Mustang! Yes, this is for "her' and trading in the Stang.

maxresdefault.jpg
Man, that thing is purdy! :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats on the Bronco! I'd like to hear what you think of the 2.3 once you put some miles on it. I test drove a 4dr Badlands with the 2.3 and it felt sluggish compared to the Ranger. The gearing is different on the Badlands and IIRC the OBX has 3.73 gears like the Ranger. I gave up waiting for mine and ordered a Jeep. lol

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the Bronco! I'd like to hear what you think of the 2.3 once you put some miles on it. I test drove a 4dr Badlands with the 2.3 and it felt sluggish compared to the Ranger. The gearing is different on the Badlands and IIRC the OBX has 3.73 gears like the Ranger. I gave up waiting for mine and ordered a Jeep. lol
I remember you had an interest and I don't blame you at all. WIth all the hoopla I hope this thing performs as advertized and is problem free. It actually came about a year earlier than they communicated. Our dealer has only received about 5 so far. The JEEP while not perfect is tried and true and beautiful on it's own merits. Good luck with yours.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I remember you had an interest and I don't blame you at all. WIth all the hoopla I hope this thing performs as advertized and is problem free. It actually came about a year earlier than they communicated. Our dealer has only received about 5 so far. The JEEP while not perfect is tried and true and beautiful on it's own merits. Good luck with yours.
I still have my Reservation and will see how it plays out. With the new allocation system (my dealer has close to 1100 orders) it puts me somewhere late 2024. No offense but I don't like the soft top and want the hard top and there's still issues with the second version of those.

The Jeep wasn't my first choice only because everyone has them out here. I'd still like to get a Bronco one day and after driving one off road it was very impressive. For now I'll (hopefully) be able to enjoy the Jeep (topless and off road) while they get this mess straightened out with the Bronco tops and other problems their having. Hopefully yours is trouble free! Good luck with it and update us after you get it.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FORD was nice enough to forward this picture and my windows sticker as New Bronco was coming off the assembly line!! should be here in 2 weeks! Looks like a Ranger just behind it also!! LOL
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 08.49.02.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your review once you finally get it. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous and I hope mine really doesn’t take another 3 years to come in. ?

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
That is sure sweet looking for sure. I would love one but they are out of my price range. I am sure you will enjoy it and I hope many trouble free years of ownership!!