First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
And Camburg UCAs to make it a mid-travel set up...
Before you buy UCAs, make sure they will work with your spindle. If the spindles are aluminum (silver) they certainly will fit. If the spindles are black (cast iron and rusty) they probably wont. There are some other forum topics that discuss this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Before you buy UCAs, make sure they will work with your spindle. If the spindles are aluminum (silver) they certainly will fit. If the spindles are black (cast iron and rusty) they probably wont. There are some other forum topics that discuss this.
Thanks again.

I was already aware of this issue, and identified the cast iron spindles before I even bought the truck.

Camburg is aware of the issue as well, and now ships their UCAs with two sets of hardware, to fit either type of spindle.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
I think in the end you will be happier. Are those beauty rings on the method wheels replaceable? If so you can always swap one out if you knick up the outer rim face. The nice thing about concave wheels is all the pretty stuff sits inside the sidewall of the tire to keep them in mostly good shape.

definitely post some pictures when you get it together I am looking forward to seeing how it comes out.
No- the rings are part of the wheel.

We're not gonna be rock-crawling in a 4x2 truck, so the primary danger of wheel damage would be structural damage to the wheel from hitting a rock head-on at speed, not cosmetic damage from sliding up against one.
Sponsored