First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Got a $$ bonus (retro pay from salary increase last year) at work. So I decided to order the Raptor wheels. I am going to order some 285/70/17 as soon as I have an ETA on them. I don’t have any room to store either these or tires in my small 1 car garage. Also, since I live on the 3rd floor I do not want to carry either up then down again.

Now just got to figure out what tires I want. I have read every tire thread on this forum and I am more confused than ever. ??

I know I want an aggressive looking AT like the BFG K02, but not sure I want pay the premium price of the K02. I ever since my first truck in 1996, I have always wanted tires with white letters out. Anyways looking forward to getting the raptor wheels on my Ranger. ?
1F4BE305-6C40-482E-B7DD-7394AF385427.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
I purchased the KO2's and I am very happy with them. They are quiet on the road and recently in the mud, the mud was a non issue.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I wish the Raptor wheels came in gloss black to match my black package...
literally the only reason I haven’t ordered them. Dyno Grey does look blackish in the pics but not sure how it would look in real life plus my truck is grey.

OP
OP
MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
literally the only reason I haven’t ordered them. Dyno Grey does look blackish in the pics but not sure how it would look in real life plus my truck is grey.
Well when they arrive, I will post some pictures and you can see how they will look on my Magnetic truck.

Edit: I had this same concern before. I asked about the color and 2 pics were posted kind of showing a comparison HERE. They are only a little darker and it was enough for me to decide to get them.

Last edited:

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
How about the General Grabber ATX that comes on the Tremor. They seem to get good reviews.
I have them in 275. Great tires. I warn everyone though, they throw rocks.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Well when they arrive, I will post some pictures and you can see how they will look on my Magnetic truck.

Edit: I had this same concern before. I asked about the color and 2 pics were posted kind of showing a comparison HERE. They are only a little darker and it was enough for me to decide to get them.
If it helps, here's what they look like on a black on black truck. To me, they look "nearly" black.

1617980061539.png

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I hear you, I got my long travel with my bonus lol. Nice choice to go with the raptor wheels! I have KO2's and they are uh-may-zing! If you want to save like 80 bucks, give or take, the general grabbers are a great tire and look sweet with the white letters.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Got a $$ bonus (retro pay from salary increase last year) at work. So I decided to order the Raptor wheels. I am going to order some 285/70/17 as soon as I have an ETA on them. I don’t have any room to store either these or tires in my small 1 car garage. Also, since I live on the 3rd floor I do not want to carry either up then down again.

Now just got to figure out what tires I want. I have read every tire thread on this forum and I am more confused than ever. ??

I know I want an aggressive looking AT like the BFG K02, but not sure I want pay the premium price of the K02. I ever since my first truck in 1996, I have always wanted tires with white letters out. Anyways looking forward to getting the raptor wheels on my Ranger. ?
1F4BE305-6C40-482E-B7DD-7394AF385427.jpeg
Hey Steven. Not sure if you ordered your wheels yet, but they can be had cheaper than thru Ford Performance. I forget the price difference, but there's a few hundred dollars involved.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
How about the General Grabber ATX that comes on the Tremor. They seem to get good reviews.
I’m with Rob amd Jake on that recommendation. I have 275s as well. It’s certainly an aggressive looking AT tire.

F0202708-6C15-4474-B10D-55F304D672E0.jpeg

OP
OP
MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Hey Steven. Not sure if you ordered your wheels yet, but they can be had cheaper than thru Ford Performance. I forget the price difference, but there's a few hundred dollars involved.
I ordered them through @LevittownFordParts.com last night and they were several hundred cheaper than everywhere else.

OP
OP
MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I’m with Rob amd Jake on that recommendation. I have 275s as well. It’s certainly an aggressive looking AT
Why 275s? Do either of you regret not getting the larger 285s or the smaller 265s?

Last edited:

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Why 275s? Do either of you regret not getting the larger 285s or the smaller 265s?
If I had to go again, I probably would have gone 285 just to look a little meaner. But the 275 was an all around good compromise for me. 265's look too small in my opinion. I do get a very small amount of rub in reverse at full lock. Crash bars still in. 2.5 RC level kit. I think wheel offset is either +18 or 20, I can't remember. When these wear out, I may go up to 285.
IMG_5223.jpg

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
If I had to go again, I probably would have gone 285 just to look a little meaner. But the 275 was an all around good compromise for me. 265's look too small in my opinion. I do get a very small amount of rub in reverse at full lock. Crash bars still in. 2.5 RC level kit. I think wheel offset is either +18 or 20, I can't remember. When these wear out, I may go up to 285.
IMG_5223.jpg
That looks really nice!
Sponsored