New Ranger Raptor Special Edition - European Preview Coming to Team Fordzilla's Twitch Show

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
New Ford Ranger Raptor Special Edition Gets Exclusive Preview on Team Fordzilla’s Twitch Show | Ford of Europe

Teaser.jpg

Episode two of Team Fordzilla’s TFZ:TV show goes live this Friday on streaming channel Twitch, with a European exclusive preview of the new Ford Ranger Raptor Special Edition appearing in a colourful all-action film.

Following on from the ‘Bad-ass’ video that supported the Ranger Raptor’s 2018 launch, the Ranger Raptor Special Edition returns to the big screen to deliver new thrills in the latest video titled ‘The Good, The Bad and the Bad-RSE’. Filmed on a Spaghetti Western set, the Raptor evades hostile bandits aided by fellow Ranger models, demonstrating its serious off-road prowess.

The special preview appearance on Ford’s Team Fordzilla TFZ:TV show is no coincidence, as the Ranger Raptor has history with gaming. It was the first-ever vehicle to be unveiled at a computer game show – in 2018 at gamescom in Germany – and it has since featured in numerous computer games, including Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox.

The exclusive airing will be part of the second episode of TFZ:TV, hosted by members of Ford’s Team Fordzilla esports team, and goes live at 20:30 CET on Friday 21st May. You can watch it on this link: .

Full details of the Ranger Raptor Special Edition, along with the action video, will be released on Tuesday 25th May at 10:00 CET.

TFZ:TV

TFZ:TV is a monthly show live-streamed on Twitch and hosted by Team Fordzilla Germany’s captain, Angelo. Joined by a raft of gaming expert co-hosts from Team Fordzilla teams in France, Italy, Spain and the UK, the live show gives sim-racing updates from the month, features latest Ford news and includes special segments designed to inform and entertain gamers. Every episode also includes live gaming, as well as opportunities for viewers to win prizes.

Team Fordzilla

Team Fordzilla launched at gamescom in 2019 going on to find teams of drivers in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK, with a team captain selected for each. As well as competing in regional and European sim-racing championships, Team Fordzilla also hosted its own Fordzilla Cup competition in 2020.

Revealed at gamescom 2020 was the Team Fordzilla P1 race car, which was the first virtual racer to be designed in collaboration with gamers and an automaker’s designers. If that wasn’t unique enough, the team revealed a full-scale, real-world model of the vehicle just three months later.

Quotes

“The new Ranger Raptor Special Edition adds even more dramatic style to our ‘bad-ass’ truck, with unique exterior touches and cabin enhancements that make our off-road performance pick-up even more distinctive and desirable. Starring in its own Spaghetti Western movie is the perfect way to demonstrate Ranger Raptor’s outlaw appeal.”

Stefan Muenzinger, manager, Ford Performance, Ford of Europe

Sponsored

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I don't get the appeal of this truck for the ROW, especially the raptor model. It costs a bloody fortune. It's like 80K in Australia. And it doesn't even get a larger engine or a tune to pump up the numbers.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I don't get the appeal of this truck for the ROW, especially the raptor model. It costs a bloody fortune. It's like 80K in Australia. And it doesn't even get a larger engine or a tune to pump up the numbers.
whats ROW return on winnings?

Reactions: Doc

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor, a BMW R1200GS, a BMW R1150R
Rest of World?

Maybe I'm assuming too much on the part of Ford, but in my case, I got it for integrated engineering. Sure, I could've modded a truck, gotten a suspension lift and new wheels and tires. But there wouldn't have been any R&D involved. Plus the wider track, coils and rear disks, modded chassis, and all sorts of other details that went into the Raptor. The "OEM on steroids"-ness of the thing appealed to me.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The amount of "special editions" offered for the Ranger overseas is staggering.

And yes, it seems all of them are stickers or other non-functional parts. But they usually get unique badging like "Secret Squirrel Edition" or "Impress People Who Don't Know Any Better Edition".

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

And yes, it seems all of them are stickers or other non-functional parts. But they usually get unique badging like "Secret Squirrel Edition" or "Impress People Who Don't Know Any Better Edition".
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the world of Marketing. No liquid...just bubbles in the glass When we met with Marketing...my skin crawled...it was all a new way to create smoke and mirrors... That is why I stood firm on FX4 on 3G Ranger...we made it with real teeth...not tape stripes, decals and painted shocks...Real parts... Marketing: We need a unique Ranger" We want to designate it with this real cool sticker. The Ranger Smoker....so what we need is a chrome bezel around the powerpoint/cigar lighter... Barf!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
No lift, nothing functional added, same rims, what makes this a special edition? We can buy stickers if wanted them. BTW im not sure who is charge of Fords sticker depart, but in my opinion they made bad choices for the Tremor and SE Raptor.

Reactions: DHH

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist

A Tremor guy on here say's people notice his truck. Of course they do when it has large stickers on the quarter panels. Most people couldn't even tell the difference ln the Ranger models. I would remove the stickers on my new truck. I do not want the truck to attract attention.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the world of Marketing. No liquid...just bubbles in the glass When we met with Marketing...my skin crawled...it was all a new way to create smoke and mirrors... That is why I stood firm on FX4 on 3G Ranger...we made it with real teeth...not tape stripes, decals and painted shocks...Real parts... Marketing: We need a unique Ranger" We want to designate it with this real cool sticker. The Ranger Smoker....so what we need is a chrome bezel around the powerpoint/cigar lighter... Barf!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
No doubt.

Brand loyalist are the worst though.

They could make a Jeep Rubicon with a special edition giant penis design molded in the front grill with a set of vinyl scrotum stickers on the driver doors, sell it for $80,000 and every unit would sell out. The same could probably be said if they did the same with a Tacoma. They could call it a special edition "PRD".

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It looks like the wheels are black on this one instead of Magnetic. Please let this be true and Ford Performance sell these!