First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
Bought a new 2020 STX. Figured I would save a bit with the STX so I could add lift and wheels. I plan on using it for some overland adventures this coming summer. I will be pulling a small Drifter style trailer around 2000lbs or less.

I have already pulled the trigger on a BDS 3.5" lift with the Fox suspension and am looking at wrapping Blk XLT rims in Falken Wildpeak AT3W All Terrain Radial Tire - 285/70R17 117T. Most of my adventures will be highway asphalt but would still like some off road abilities for boondocking. I also live in Ohio so I need something that will do snow and ice this winter.

Just wondering if anyone is running something like this? Anyone with a bit more experience that can see a problem? Will the 17" rims with a 33" tire be too squirmy?

I have never seen the country I live in and I am 54 years old. This will be a 6 month+ adventure. I chose to run the xlt rims because everyone swaps up and I will need 7-8 rims and tires. Saves about a thousand dollars on rims (plus I like those blk xlt rims).

Any advice is welcome. Also curious, is a rear gear change might be in order.

I hope I dropped this question in the right area.
Sponsored

Darin

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Bought a new 2020 STX. Figured I would save a bit with the STX so I could add lift and wheels. I plan on using it for some overland adventures this coming summer. I will be pulling a small Drifter style trailer around 2000lbs or less.

I have already pulled the trigger on a BDS 3.5" lift with the Fox suspension and am looking at wrapping Blk XLT rims in Falken Wildpeak AT3W All Terrain Radial Tire - 285/70R17 117T. Most of my adventures will be highway asphalt but would still like some off road abilities for boondocking. I also live in Ohio so I need something that will do snow and ice this winter.

Just wondering if anyone is running something like this? Anyone with a bit more experience that can see a problem? Will the 17" rims with a 33" tire be too squirmy?

I have never seen the country I live in and I am 54 years old. This will be a 6 month+ adventure. I chose to run the xlt rims because everyone swaps up and I will need 7-8 rims and tires. Saves about a thousand dollars on rims (plus I like those blk xlt rims).

Any advice is welcome. Also curious, is a rear gear change might be in order.

I hope I dropped this question in the right area.

Darin

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Jack of all trades
I just bought a 2020 STX , and thought like you as well , I went 265 x70 , on -12 centerline wheels 9 inch, plus a 2.5 level kit . Fender flares as well , only a slight rub on rear crash bar, going to go with fab tech , crash bars , they look refined enough to do great.Well good luck .

OP
OP

nutzNboltz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
I just bought a 2020 STX , and thought like you as well , I went 265 x70 , on -12 centerline wheels 9 inch, plus a 2.5 level kit . Fender flares as well , only a slight rub on rear crash bar, going to go with fab tech , crash bars , they look refined enough to do great.Well good luck .
Cant wait to see some pics! Rangers are addictive. Good luck with your wallet.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
285/70r17 is probably the most popular size for offroad tires. Just curious why you need 7-8 rims and tires? Seems like it would just add excessive weight and take up more space.

Edit: also might want to consider a block or add a leaf lift in back if you're going to do 3.5inches in front, unless you want that Cali lean

OP
OP

nutzNboltz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
Man that looks swell. I cant help but to like the black on black with some extra black. Kinda jealous of the pocket flairs, need a set soon. The BFGs look great on those rims.
Sponsored