First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
It is simple economics here. It is always cheaper and easier for a manufacturer to stock 1 or two different versions of a part versus having to stock 3 or 4 versions of the same part. Plus it is also cheaper for production to limit the different versions of the same part. When only 1 or 2 versions are used versus 3 or 4 versions, there is less down time caused by switch overs pn the production line.

And when it comes to the cold weather package, yes they should include the heated steering wheel with the heated seats. If you don't want or need it then don't get it.

For the heated side mirrors, that is a safety feature that needs to be included on all new vehicles. Yes even in the Deep South there is sometimes a need to deice/defrost windshields, back windows, and side mirrors.
Doesn't seem like you know how an assembly line works. Only 1 or two option available? So we will have a choice between a base XL or Lariat?
Sponsored

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Doesn't seem like you know how an assembly line works. Only 1 or two option available? So we will have a choice between a base XL or Lariat?

Actually I do know quite a bit about how assembly lines and manufacturing works. And I was not talking about 1 or 2 trim level package. I was talking about the mirrors and only the mirrors.

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
I have no doubt that your dealer would take the money. You would have a down payment with that franchise alone. Ford Motor Company has nothing to do with that arrangement. As such, you're not in the front of the line or even in line at all. Nobody knows how FoMoCo will handle the 6G launch. Maybe a reservation system like the F150 Lightning?

My bigger concern is that neither party even knows what's being promised. There are rumors about the 2023 model year being the new P703 Ranger 6G. It's also just as likely that it will be a continuation of the P375 Ranger 5G and P703 gets pushed out.
Sponsored

Last edited: