New Ford

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
It's not a Ranger, but my wife likes my Ranger so much she decided to get a new Escape, just picked it up today.
IMG_20200326_173243998_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Why didn't she get another Ranger? The Escape's not exactly the same lol?

OP
OP

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Well she is disabled with rheumatoid arthritis, it's tough climbing up in the Ranger for her on an everyday basis. She really likes the seats in the Ranger once she gets in though.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I wish the Ecosport was in the class of the escape, I like the looks of the ecosport myself. However the escape is a better unit by far. Thats just an opinion though, congrads to your wife for the great purchase!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I've always been a ford guy but I have owned a few GM's an 2 Hondas. Most were pretty good. My taurus wasn't. My ex got a bad transmission in her focus. It's still on the road you just have to deal with it shaking a little when you pull away from a stop.
The new escape reminds me of my neighbors Porsche Macan with the changes to the head lights an tail lights (obviously not much else).

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I've always been a ford guy but I have owned a few GM's an 2 Hondas. Most were pretty good. My taurus wasn't. My ex got a bad transmission in her focus. It's still on the road you just have to deal with it shaking a little when you pull away from a stop.
The new escape reminds me of my neighbors Porsche Macan with the changes to the head lights an tail lights (obviously not much else).
Was that Focus around a 2015 model?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Well she is disabled with rheumatoid arthritis, it's tough climbing up in the Ranger for her on an everyday basis. She really likes the seats in the Ranger once she gets in though.
IMG_3156.JPG

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, Jeff, just a suggestion. My wife is, shall we say, "vertically challenged," and she had trouble climbing up into the Ranger at first, especially after leveling it up two inches. We have the problem solved, as you can see in this picture of my (messy, I know) garage. I found a couple of plastic stools produced by Rubbermaid and sold on Amazon (under fifty bucks for both, total). The black, solid one with the steps stays in the garage; the white, collapsible one in the background folds up and goes in the backseat whenever she travels with me. She really likes the Ranger's seats and the high perch once she gets up there, which is no longer a problem....

IMG_3156.JPG

Deleted member 1634

Same exact thing for us this week! Wife has been wanting to trade up from her 2008 Corolla with crank windows, no cruise, and a manual. She's been interested in the Escape for a few months, and with all the deals/rebates and low interest rates it made this a pretty good time to take the plunge for us. Especially since both of us will continue to work through all of this.

2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid
IMG_20200326_153421757_HDR.jpg

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
How are you guys liking the 2020 Escape so far? GF is looking to get into one in a few months when things calm down. Anyone with the 1.5L engine how is it on power?

OP
OP

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
We've only had it a week but with the 1.5 it seems to have plenty of power, the sight lines out of it are very good and handling seems fine for a mini SUV. My wife likes the seats in the Escape but I personally think the Ranger seats are more comfortable.
Sponsored