Need Help - Looking for owners who've had ABS/TC problems turning.

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Everyone,

As discussed in a previous thread, my new 2021 Ford Ranger Crew Cab has a major problem. Occasionally and inconsistently, when you turn right the ABS/TC/Hill Start Assist all shut off and throw an error code. Turning off and restarting the vehicle causes it to clear of course, and despite three trips to service under 1000 miles, it continues to randomly cut out. The truck is at service now (since Monday) and they are stumped.

I recall there were several others who experienced these same problems, and either found loose connections or their dealer figured out what was wrong with Ford's help. Misaligned sensors, sensor replacements, etc.

What I need from anyone who's had this problem is either a photo of your service receipt, or your VIN to give to my dealer so they can figure out what to try. I really like my truck and have only owned it three weeks, but considering I've driven a rental more it seems than my truck, this obviously can't go on forever. If there were vehicles available, Ford would have swapped it out, but there are none and I can't afford to have it bought back as anything out there now would cost me 10-15k more, if I can find something available.

Can anyone here help me out? If you can't provide your VIN, just the description of what procedure they conducted will help.

Thanks in Advance.

Jim Campbell
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Update....

For those who are curious how this all turned out, I'll give the update:

Dealer kept it for a week, and gosh knows how many hours the techs spent. In the end they washed it multiple times and figured out the connectors on the ABS sensors were not sealing out water, causing corrosion inside the pins of the harness.

They replaced all 4 sensors and wiring harness connectors, placed dielectric grease in the connectors, and shrank wrapped the entire connector when reconnected. Stated Ford was having problems with some sourced connectors not being up to speck.

Got it back two weeks ago and have driven 1800 miles, much of it in the rain through some some very large puddles. Nothing. Everything is working....

So, if you have the same problem, start with some dielectric grease and tape/shrink wrap up the connectors.

Now the accessory spending continues!

Cheers,

Jim