Jeff in Ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX2
Looking for connector diagrams from the service manual for:
C1035B off of battery junction box
C1035A off of battery Junction box
C2280A off of body control module (might be off of battery junction box however)
C2280B off of body control module (might be off of battery junction box however)

Any information would be much appreciated
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I don't know what you're looking for. I have the maintenance manual, and looking up the numbers you listed, only brings up where they are located. If you're looking for the mechanical layout of the connectors themselves, they're not included, at least in the copy I have.

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4wd Supercab, 1996 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Fireman
Looking for connector diagrams from the service manual for:
C1035B off of battery junction box
C1035A off of battery Junction box
C2280A off of body control module (might be off of battery junction box however)
C2280B off of body control module (might be off of battery junction box however)

Any information would be much appreciated

See attached:

Attachments

OP
OP

Jeff in Ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX2
See attached:
Thanks a bunch. Do they show terminal part numbers for:
C1035B terminal 4 (12 gauge) 11 (12 gauge) 57 (10 gauge) 13 (14 gauge)

Also looking for C422 connector on the male side (harness 14290) terminal part numbers for pin 18 and 19. These should be 10 or 12 gauge.

For the curious minds.... if you do NOT have the trailer tow package or co-pilot 360, you do NOT have the 4 terminated wires in the drivers kick panel for a trailer break controller or a TRM module in the passenger kick panel. Your 4-pin trailer connector runs off of relays in the engine fuse box and your BCM module is configured to make them flash.

The terminals listed above make the magic happen if you have the tow package or co-pilot 360 which gives you the TRM module (it controls trailer lights instead of the underhood relays once the BCM is programmed to know you have a TRM) and the 4 terminated wires in the drivers kickpanel. A truck WITHOUT tow pack 2 (factory hitch and 7 pin connector)but with Co-pilot 360 may or may not have the TRM module, but DOES have the wire harness for it.

Read on for you XL guys only with the 4 pin connector at the bumper.....

Now, if you do NOT have the tow pack or co-pilot 360, these wires will show up in your harness, BUT as grey wires of the incorrect gauge. They will also be cut off 6+ inches up the harness and sealed. For whatever reason it appears Ford does this instead of removing the wire and putting a plug in the connector. If they make terminal kits, the dummy grey wire can be removed and replaced with the correct gauge wire that you can now tap into. The connectors come apart quite easily and small screwdrivers or dental picks can be used to unlock the existing terminals from the connector (youtube is your friend here for how that is done) All of the fuses exist in the underhood fuse block because Ford only makes 2 different fuse boxes...one for 2WD, one for 4WD....so all the fuses and relays and terminals in the box exist for all the options whether you have them or not.

so...for those without the factory towpack 2 or co-pilot 360 (almost all XL owners then)...read some more....

For instance: C422...terminal 18 is the blue wire for trailer brake controller. It exists from the female connector to the back of the truck as a 10 gauge blue, but is a grey 14 gauge dummy wire from the male connector forward. Same with terminal 19...it is orange 10 gauge from female back but grey dummy forward. This would be 12V power for your trailer accessories/battery

On C1035B terminal 4 is fuse 73 (30 amps) and 57 is fuse 87 (40 amps) both of which would go to the TRM module if you had one. One of these would come out of the TRM as the Orange wire that goes to C422 mentioned above. The other supplies power via the TRM module for the trailer lights for tow pack 2 vehicles. Terminal 11 goes to fuse 64 (30 amps) and would be the yellow/orange stripe wire in the drivers side kick panel that you use for power for a trailer brake controller if you had such a wire. But, you are like me and bought an XL...so you don't have that wire in the kick panel

So...that being said, if Ford makes the terminal kits, it would be very easy to use them to get into the C422 connector instead of running blue and orange 10 gauge all the way to the back and splicing into the harness. A blue 10 gauge could be run into where ever you want to use install a trailer break controller. C422 pin 19 could be tied to C1035B pin 4 or 57 for trailer 12V. C1035B pin 11 could go to where ever your trailer brake controller is. C1035 terminal 57 or 4 (whichever you did not use above to connect to C422 pin 19) is now a bonus 30 or 40 amp connection to do with what you want.

Note... all terminal listed on 1035B listed above are HOT all the time.

This lets you use existing fuses in the fuse box if you don't want to run your own wire straight to the battery terminals

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fireman
Here is C422. Motorcraft does have the individual wires with the terminal crimped on available. You would have to check with Ford for the part number. The whole connector pigtail (more expensive) part number is shown (WPT1606)

Attachments

OP
OP

Jeff in Ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX2
Here is C422. Motorcraft does have the individual wires with the terminal crimped on available. You would have to check with Ford for the part number. The whole connector pigtail (more expensive) part number is shown (WPT1606)
Thanks...I'm assuming you have the factory wire diagram. So...I went to my local dealer and the kid working parts didn;t even know how to pull up the connector diagram.. Said last time he looked for a terminal part number, he looked for 2 hours and couldn't locate it. went on to mention how when he used to work at Toyota it was easy to find terminal part numbers. even suggested I go there and just ask and try and match something up. Really?

Anyway..if you have the factory wiring diagram electronically, the screen shots you provided show a button that says "check for terminal part numbers" Could you click that and get me the terminal parts numbers for :
Male connector C422 on harness 14290 pin 18, 19, 21
Connector C1035B on harness 14290 pin 4, 11, 57, 13

I tried to explain to this parts dude how to do it and even referenced the Motorcraft terminal book...but he was clueless. My first warning sign should have been that there was't even a computer in the parts department.....

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fireman
Looks like good news for the C1035B, and bad news on the C422. Although on the C422, they may actually have them, they just don't have them listed. You could always de-pin it and try to match them up?? OR- bite the bullet on the Motorcraft WPT1606 / 1607.
Sponsored

Attachments