Navigation Nightmare

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Yesterday, I tried using the GPS in my truck for the first time. I wanted to see if there was a possible shortcut that might save me a little time. I was taken down three dead end roads out into the middle of nowhere. Finally, I just threw in the towel, back tracked to where I started and went the way I knew. Altogether, I went about 30 miles out of the way. Disgusting!
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve said this for years. Built in gps systems suck. Especially Ford. Best updated GPS Systems are Garmin. Your best bet if you have a smart phone is pipe in Google or Apple maps or similar.

OP
OP

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I’ve said this for years. Built in gps systems suck. Especially Ford. Best updated GPS Systems are Garmin. Your best bet if you have a smart phone is pipe in Google or Apple maps or similar.
I totally agree, but wanted to try the Nav in the truck. It would've been smarter to try it out on a destination where I know every inch of the road between points A and B.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree, but wanted to try the Nav in the truck. It would've been smarter to try it out on a destination where I know every inch of the road between points A and B.
I keep telling myself no more black trucks with nav in them. Yet her I am ...
Sponsored