RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I don't have pictures, but two days after I picked mine up, it got to be a real truck. I had to haul some plywood to do some work on some rental property. I got my first dent in the bed..... Oh well, it is a truck!

Seriously, hauling 4x8 sheets of plywood wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be with the short bed. And, even more importantly, there was a LOT of weight in the bed and it drove great. I was pretty impressed. 11 sheets of 3/4" CDX plywood is pretty heavy....

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Sorry I don't have pictures, but two days after I picked mine up, it got to be a real truck. I had to haul some plywood to do some work on some rental property. I got my first dent in the bed..... Oh well, it is a truck!

Seriously, hauling 4x8 sheets of plywood wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be with the short bed. And, even more importantly, there was a LOT of weight in the bed and it drove great. I was pretty impressed. 11 sheets of 3/4" CDX plywood is pretty heavy....
Did you put it in at an angle or over the wheel wells, did you use something for supports?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you put it in at an angle or over the wheel wells, did you use something for supports?
Just laid it in over the tailgate at an angle - it stuck out a couple feet - no support - 3/4 ply is pretty stiff stuff.

Cpt stoney

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
How's the riding in VA? With that DB Coil I'm guessing you do a fair bit of shuttling?
pretty legit. 2 bike parks, bizillions of miles classic east coast rocky single track, flow trails are popping up all over. from family friendly parks to screaming fast rocky descents.

its the coil cs and the jeffsy climbs better then i can lol. Im not a fan of climbing but i will for a sweet dh run lol.

gearing up for the first DH race of the season at the park. STUPID stoked for the world cup in sept. Already booked a house.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get as dirty, but went out onto Forest service roads this weekend - had to cut out a log across the road - we were apparently the first souls to travel this road this season - fortunately I brought my chainsaw:
20190525_102549.jpg

And then parked at the end of the road:
20190525_104455.jpg

Nothing terribly strenuous for the truck. Didn't even put it into 4WD. But it performed admirably and since it was a cold, wet day, the seat warmers felt good on the ride home.
Sponsored