OP

livetoski78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT, 2020 Explorer ST
Occupation
Software Engineer, EMT, Amateur Rocket Scientist
Nice looking Ranger. So you got the 302a package. Did it come with power folding side mirrors? I saw the button but nothing was printed on it. This and heated seat was the reason I ordered the 302a. Thanks for the info.
Nope, no folding mirrors on the 302A. It must be another Lariat only option. I imagine with some Ford parts and a bit of work, they could be retrofitted. It wouldn’t surprise me if the connectors are all there. I really could use them, as I only have about an inch on each side when pulling into my garage!

Now I’m wondering if they’re heated either. I DO have the rear window defrost and they’re supposed to come on when you turn that on, if they’re equipped. My Escape had the little diffrost insignia on the mirror, as does the ST.
Sponsored

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Nice looking Ranger. So you got the 302a package. Did it come with power folding side mirrors? I saw the button but nothing was printed on it. This and heated seat was the reason I ordered the 302a. Thanks for the info.
I ordered 22 XLT 302A and it did not come (available) with power folding mirror or heat. That was ONLY on the Lariat trim at that time. The button you see is where the power folding button goes, but it is a blank plug in the photo (ie no power folding). That being said, it has been reported that some new 22's with similar package ARE coming equipped with added heated mirrors though, which was another option only available on Lariat. Just glad to see the heated seats are still installed. Be curious if the mirrors ARE in fact heated??

MADPolo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Consultant
I will gladly take any of y'alls absolutely terrible, cheap prop rods in trade for my "Limited Edition" genuine 2019 Lariat hood struts and $50 + $1000 "Market adjustment"! Just hit me up if interested!

;) lol.

Good looking truck and congrats!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Nope, no folding mirrors on the 302A. It must be another Lariat only option. I imagine with some Ford parts and a bit of work, they could be retrofitted. It wouldn’t surprise me if the connectors are all there. I really could use them, as I only have about an inch on each side when pulling into my garage!

Now I’m wondering if they’re heated either. I DO have the rear window defrost and they’re supposed to come on when you turn that on, if they’re equipped. My Escape had the little diffrost insignia on the mirror, as does the ST.
Perhaps it's the XLT Sport trim with the 302A that gives you power folding (non-heated) mirrors and heated seats. I have them on my '21 and had them on my '19.
But '22 is a new animal, and it appears all kinds of things have become extinct on that year model.

Ash1977

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350

It was listed on the 302a package on the 2021 order guide. I originally ordered my Tremor using the 2021 guide because the 2022 guide was not out yet. You could not get the 302a package with the Tremor as a 2021 model. My order was in before the new guide came out. I don't know why they removed it. Probably another chip issues. Thanks for letting me know.

acormier7

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
Occupation
Tool and Die Maker
In Canada when I ordered my2022 xlt supercab with 302a. It included power folding and heated mirrors
Power seats
Heated seats
Manual sliding rear window.
Sports appearance package
Remote start

So what 302a appears to include now according to Ford build site is
Power seat which I don't care if I have them.
Remote start which is part of Ford connect anyway.
Sliding rear window which I will likely never use.
Sports appearance package which can be ordered separately

What appears to be not available is
Power folding and heated mirrors
Heated seats.
These were the only 2 things I wanted out of 302a package plus sports appearance package.
Plus the price of the 302a package has not changed.
Who's getting screwed here.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
I will gladly take any of y'alls absolutely terrible, cheap prop rods in trade for my "Limited Edition" genuine 2019 Lariat hood struts and $50 + $1000 "Market adjustment"! Just hit me up if interested!

;) lol.

Good looking truck and congrats!
I'll give $10 and a poptart eaten in the shape of a pistol. Thats my final offer

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
So, here's the proof until I can get some proper outside pics. Sitting in the garage behind the 2020 Explorer ST. I'm proud of our family stable.
IMG_4855.JPG
;)
Our stable, gonna be a lot of washing….lol

9309E672-9D11-48AC-A750-26F0213A6F87.jpeg

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ordered a pair of hood struts from dealer today. Warehouse had 30 of one side and 15 of the other. Now 29 and 14. For what it’s worth

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Okay, so the long promised pics are here...next to the Explorer ST too!

The cockpit:
IMG_4856.JPG

Center console:
IMG_4858.JPG

The back seat is a little tighter than my Escape...fine for kids, or EMS gear:
IMG_4859.JPG

The engine bay:
IMG_4861.JPG

The missing hood struts :rolleyes::
IMG_4862.JPG

One hell of a pair:
IMG_4865.JPG

Head on:
IMG_4867.JPG

This one really shows off the "black out" package and saved me a TON of work:
IMG_4868.JPG

What a nice looking derrière (sorry about the dirt but it was wet and rainy last night):
IMG_4869.JPG

Some of the first things planned:
- Hood struts
- Tailgate damper (go ahead and laugh)
- Stock engine cover
- Smoke American flag RANGER tailgate inlay
- Auto start/stop eliminator
- JLT catch can
- Console Vault
- Some way to transport my skis

Further down the line after break in:
- Leveling kit (hate the rake)
- FactionFab wheel spacers
- aFe Magnum intake scoop
- Some CAI (so many options here)
- TurboSmart Plumb Back BOV (trying to remain inconspicuous)
- aFe intercooler piping
- Some kind of 3" exhaust with high-flow muffler(again so many options)
- Ford Performance tune
- Maybe a catted downpipe (has to pass emissions here in SE PA)

After all that, I'm hoping to be able to at least keep up with the ST, if not smoke it...all for about 12 grand less. It's entirely stock (for now).
Nice!

hmrutherford

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger Tremor, 21 F150 Hybrid, 07 Escape
Occupation
Teacher
Did y'all catch this part: " Lastly, I popped the hood. To my surprise, there are knobs top and bottom for gas shocks, but they put a prop rod in instead. " ???

Seriously...a prop rod instead of the hood strut thingys??
Yep - my ‘22 Lariat Tremor has a prop too. ? I really hate it when these companies cheap out.

the strut shortage is caused by all you yahoos buying the TG Damper.
you're slitting your own throat here.
you cant have both.
I don’t want a damper. Can I have the hood struts back now?

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Yes, the front seats are heated and come on automatically when remote starting if it's under 55 degrees. I don't think I could go back to unheated seats!
That's good they are still putting heated seats in the XLT 302A because the rumor is that Ford will soon discontinue them. Ford caused that rumor themselves though by removing the mention of them in a few different places.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I noticed another "decontent" on your interior pictures. The little 12v powerpoint doors used to be trimmed in chrome to match the volume and tune buttons. Now they are just plain little black doors. It's not a major thing, but Ford is getting serious about saving a few pennies here and there. It makes me wonder if the next gen model is really going to be that much nicer.

OP
OP

livetoski78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT, 2020 Explorer ST
Occupation
Software Engineer, EMT, Amateur Rocket Scientist
Oh I noticed another "decontent" on your interior pictures. The little 12v powerpoint doors used to be trimmed in chrome to match the volume and tune buttons. Now they are just plain little black doors. It's not a major thing, but Ford is getting serious about saving a few pennies here and there. It makes me wonder if the next gen model is really going to be that much nicer.
I’m ok with that. I hate chrome. It’s too hard to keep clean. I much prefer blacks and greys in matte finishes!

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you get a chance could you see if a magnet sticks to the front fenders. I have heard the aluminum front fenders have been swapped to steel for 2022. I'm just curious if this is the case. Thanks!
Sponsored