Gasket surrounding the windshield on Ranger Raptor 2020

robko

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw golf 7, ranger raptor (hopefully soon)
Hi all! I plan to buy a Ranger Raptor manufactured in August 2020. I have already placed an order. On Friday I got the first photos from my dealership showing "my" car.

I'm a bit concerned about the gasket / seal around the windshield. Take a look at the photo:
IMG20210129102055 copy.jpg

Did any of you notice something similar in your car? What should I do with it? I don't like the look of it. But I'm even more concerned if it's a manufacturing defect.

My dealer is going to check if it's a common quality of finishing (around the windshield) in other Raptor models.

I did search for this particular problem on the forum but I didn't find anything. I will appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I have seen wobbly seals numerous times in my past vehicles and only one seemed to be an issue. That one looks to me like it is only sticking out from under the trim whereas it shoul have been completely hidden. Check the drivers side and see if it is completely hidden. If it is, I would think that it is just cosmetic. If the drivers side is visible but not all wonky like the passenger side, it could probably be fixed by taking the trim panel off and reworking it.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
It's called a windshield dam. To hold back any bleed from the windshield sealant. Most modern cars look like this.
Sponsored