First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Network Engineer
I installed the single cat back system and now when i accelerate I hear almost like a rattle but it only lasts a second or so. Never hear it after that initial take off but its driving me nuts. Triple checked all hangers and clamps and cant seem to narrow it down. Anyone else have this issue? Am I just hearing engine noise more now that the stock exhaust is off?
Sponsored

rmr76

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 (Daily), 1969 Chevy C10 (Weekend Toy)
I have an MBRP exhaust and had symptoms that are very similar. Turned out there was part of the hanger (the piece welded to the pipe) in the middle section that was just close enough to the frame to hit it with vibration due to acceleration. I stuffed a piece of high density foam rubber in there to stop the rattle noise. I figured it out by getting under the truck and wiggling the exhaust around with it cold, and sure enough there is enough movement for that one hanger to smack the frame. I could also buzz a 1/2" inch off the hanger with a cut off wheel, but I was too lazy to bother with that.

OP
OP
FKNRANGER

FKNRANGER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Network Engineer
I have an MBRP exhaust and had symptoms that are very similar. Turned out there was part of the hanger (the piece welded to the pipe) in the middle section that was just close enough to the frame to hit it with vibration due to acceleration. I stuffed a piece of high density foam rubber in there to stop the rattle noise. I figured it out by getting under the truck and wiggling the exhaust around with it cold, and sure enough there is enough movement for that one hanger to smack the frame. I could also buzz a 1/2" inch off the hanger with a cut off wheel, but I was too lazy to bother with that.
Appreciate the response, getting ready to climb under there now.

Dayton86

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Water Treatment Operator
I had to trim one of the hangers to keep it from hitting on mine. Good luck.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
You don't want to know how MBRP exhausts fit on a Mustang...

OP
OP
FKNRANGER

FKNRANGER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Network Engineer
I think I'm going to go back to the stock exhaust, I think I'm just hearing more now that the new exhaust doesn't use the flex pipe and resonator. Just not my style. That was a 400$ mistake.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the MBRP on my 2019 since 2 weeks of purchase last June. I had a shop do it as they were putting on the Hellwig at the same time. Not had one problem or "unordinariness" at all. MBRP has developed itself to a mellow sound that drives/sounds well at all speeds (my opinion obviously).

I guess my adventure is that I've learned when I can do things well and when someone else can do better..?? YRMV

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
My kit had a hanger that touched the frame rail too. Quick cut with the angle grinder and it hasn’t been an issue again in over a year.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm going to go back to the stock exhaust, I think I'm just hearing more now that the new exhaust doesn't use the flex pipe and resonator. Just not my style. That was a 400$ mistake.

How about a $200 mistake? I'll give you $200 for it. lol

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I've got those kind of "mistakes" laying around in my basement right now. So, you're not alone. :)

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I see you're in Missouri. I'm in Kansas. If you'd be interested in offloading it to recoup some of your money, let me know.
Sponsored