MBRP exhaust leak

Mauro O

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey hows it's going everyone? I have a leak on my exhaust and it seems like it's water. Its coming through the the last two clamp section, from the front and back of the muff. Wondering what I did wrong. The clamps seem pretty tight
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey hows it's going everyone? I have a leak on my exhaust and it seems like it's water. Its coming through the the last two clamp section, from the front and back of the muff. Wondering what I did wrong. The clamps seem pretty tight
I had the same issue and everything was very tight...I think the condensation is coming through the seam's split line...no sound leak so it's nothing to worry about...

OP
OP

Mauro O

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had the same issue and everything was very tight...I think the condensation is coming through the seam's split line...no sound leak so it's nothing to worry about...
Do you think it has long term effects?

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
These are the type of issues you will have when you install a cheap aftermarket exhaust with no flexible connectors. It will likely rot out faster than the stock exhaust or a higher quality aftermarket would have. Not trying to be a d*** just what I’ve learned from previous experience, magnaflow and other companies are more expensive for a reason

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think it has long term effects?
Naaaa I wouldn't worry...For under $400 I spent, it's doing it's job. If it ever rots out, I think I'll go straight pipe as this is still very quiet. My experience with turbos is that some can practically get away with this and not get too loud...

BTW, I've heard nothing but drones from people's experience with Magnaflow. I've had Borlas and they're pretty good. My Borla Sport on my 03 MINI is over 16 years old and still holding up...of course there's no snow involved:like:

OP
OP

Mauro O

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Naaaa I wouldn't worry...For under $400 I spent, it's doing it's job. If it ever rots out, I think I'll go straight pipe as this is still very quiet. My experience with turbos is that some can practically get away with this and not get too loud...

BTW, I've heard nothing but drones from people's experience with Magnaflow. I've had Borlas and they're pretty good. My Borla Sport on my 03 MINI is over 16 years old and still holding up...of course there's no snow involved:like:
Yeah I feel you on tha . Mine was like 450 and it's doing better then stock, better mpg as well and later down the road I'll get a more expensive one if I want. I'm gonna be stationed in new mexico so its gonna be pretty dry.
Sponsored