First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 STX Ranger, '07 XL Regular Cab 5spd Ranger,
Occupation
Graphic Designer
I've had the MBRP side exit exhaust for a couple months now and I'm super happy with the way it sounds, its exactly what I was expecting. The only issue im having is the bracket where the pipe and muffler connect with the "patent pending" hanger mount is hitting the frame and every 200 miles or so, I have to re-adjust it so it doesn't sit right on the frame and rattle. Also, all of the exhaust clamps always come loose and rattle around the same time. All of the exhausts I've had before have always been welded and custom, this is my first out of the box exhaust so maybe this is how it goes with the clamp style exhausts?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their MBRP exhaust or if I just installed it wrong? I'm thinking when I get some time I'm going to take it to the muffler shop and have it welded up with better hangers.

Below is a picture of what I'm talking about. See how close the hanger is to the frame. Maybe this is user error and I installed it wrong? If thats the case then how do you all have yours installed?

IMG_1486.jpg
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I would say get out the hacksaw and take a 1/2" off of that hanger and you'd solve your problem. Someone else just posted about this same issue today as well.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 STX Ranger, '07 XL Regular Cab 5spd Ranger,
Occupation
Graphic Designer
I would say get out the hacksaw and take a 1/2" off of that hanger and you'd solve your problem. Someone else just posted about this same issue today as well.
I thought about doing just that, except the problem is, that hanger is just straight and has no hook on the end of it. So if I were to cut it short, it could possibly slip out of the rubber hanger. Most times when it starts to rattle, it wiggles itself out of the rubber grommet. Pain in the ass and kind of strange someone else posted the same issue today, too.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I thought about doing just that, except the problem is, that hanger is just straight and has no hook on the end of it. So if I were to cut it short, it could possibly slip out of the rubber hanger. Most times when it starts to rattle, it wiggles itself out of the rubber grommet. Pain in the ass and kind of strange someone else posted the same issue today, too.
Got a buddy with a welder? Could cut it a bit short and tack a nut over the end of the rod.

Or maybe slip a piece or rubber hose over the end of it with a bit off the end to rub against the frame. Throw a hose clamp on it to hold it in place. Janky? Maybe, but it would probably work lol.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
If the rod is straight (it looks to to me like there is a little bend halfway between the rubber and the end), you could cut it off, leaving about 1" of it before the rubber hanger. Then get a die to thread that portion of the rod and use a Nyloc or lock nut to prevent it from coming undone.

ChuckD

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt sport
Occupation
Usps
My mbrp turndown exhaust had the same problem. I cut off about an inch off the hanger. No more tapping.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Should probably write to MBRP and let them know they need to adjust their hanger a bit.
Sponsored