Looking at a 2022 Roush Ranger today for 46k (CAD) anyone have one here that can give me feedback?

OP
OP
First Name
Hugh januse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Ranger
Occupation
Lineman
There is a market for customers who crave "prestige" status. There are quite a few what I would consider otherwise really nice and cool Roush owners on this forum. I'm still not going to beat around the bush about them wasting their money though.

Money is relative though, $1,000 to me may be ass-wiping money to others.

IMO Roush should be embarrassed at what they have become. My guess the original purpose behind the company was much different than now.
Absolutely the package is a rip off, the only reason I looked at it is because on paper they had it listed for 3k above the normal XLT trim. Now would I pay more than 4k more than list for those options? Probably not as it's not my cup of tea. But it was the cheapest new ranger within 1000km of my location, hence being a good deal for me
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I'm going to agree with Jack here. If you got a stock ranger and took your savings to add the aftermarket stuff you would still be way ahead! That's a lot of extra money for sporting their name! In the end it's really no better than a stock XLT

GREYFOX

First Name
Bob Carney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Ranger/2022 Bronco
Occupation
QUALITY LAB TECH FOR CLEVELAND CLIFFS STEEL
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 21 Roush Ranger. I love it.I put a S&B cold air intake on it and it really growls now!I have a little over 23,000 miles on it and still love the truck. If yo can afford it get it. You only live once! Well actually only die once...LOL. I drive the truck to work dailly and do some off roading, and use as a truck, hauling kayaks, furniture, yard stuff, but do it in style!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have a 21 Roush Ranger. I love it.I put a S&B cold air intake on it and it really growls now!I have a little over 23,000 miles on it and still love the truck. If yo can afford it get it. You only live once! Well actually only die once...LOL. I drive the truck to work dailly and do some off roading, and use as a truck, hauling kayaks, furniture, yard stuff, but do it in style!
Why didn't you put the Roush intake on?

GREYFOX

First Name
Bob Carney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Why didn't you put the Roush intake on?
Wanted it fast and Roush was out of stock, the S&B has some great performance curves and cheaper. I think it looks better.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I'd consider one of the three Ford Performance packages for an XL FX4, before getting a Roush.
But that's just me.
The middle one is $4.5k (plus installation no idea how much that would be) and you get Fox shocks, the tune, bigger tires, Raptor wheels, fancy tow hooks, rigid fog lights and stickers. That seems pretty good compared to the Roush package.

GREYFOX

First Name
Bob Carney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The middle one is $4.5k (plus installation no idea how much that would be) and you get Fox shocks, the tune, bigger tires, Raptor wheels, fancy tow hooks, rigid fog lights and stickers. That seems pretty good compared to the Roush package.
I believe the leahter quality is better on the seats, the new gauges in the dash there are lots of things Roush gives that are better. The Fox shocks are upgrades from the ones that Ford offers.
Sponsored