Looking at a 2022 Roush Ranger today for 46k (CAD) anyone have one here that can give me feedback?

First Name
Hugh januse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Ranger
Occupation
Lineman
Looking for any feedback including mpg, what you like and don't like etc. Any help is appreciated :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Hugh januse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Ranger
Occupation
Lineman

No input on the Roush though. Sorry.
Lmao thank you for a good laugh! I broke my hand mountain biking and at the mountain resort there's a medical report for hughe Januse in the records somewhere ?

I've had to resort to using Mike Oxlong now because people are catching on to old hughe Januse

Nomadjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Looking for any feedback including mpg, what you like and don't like etc. Any help is appreciated :)
In May 2021 when we bought our Ranger there were 2 Rousch Rangers on the lot. My impression at the time was that they were extremely over priced for what you got. Having said that $46K (CAD) is really not a terrible price for a new Ranger right now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I assume at that price it's used.

How many miles?

That's a lot of money to pay for a gussied up XLT.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
The vehicle is brand new actually, I agree it's $$
That's a pretty good price for a new one.

The Roush package is mostly appearance stuff, minus the leveling kit. Historically they've been pretty spendy.

If you like the look of of it and can stomach a $46k vehicle with halogen headlamps and a key I'd say go for it.

OP
OP
First Name
Hugh januse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Ranger
Occupation
Lineman
That's a pretty good price for a new one.

The Roush package is mostly appearance stuff, minus the leveling kit. Historically they've been pretty spendy.

If you like the look of of it and can stomach a $46k vehicle with halogen headlamps and a key I'd say go for it.
I can stomach it, it's somehow the cheapest new ranger within 1000km of me.

Would you snag it at that price Canadian?

Wanted Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Ranger XLT with FPP Level 2
Occupation
Tooling Manager
Hugh,

At 46k Canadian, for a Rousch, that's a decent price. Not sure you'll find any 22 for much less than that.
There is a local dealer here that has a 21 for 65k and change. It's been sitting over a year.
However, before purchasing, I would do my due diligence and make sure that it's a true Rousch truck, with the COMPLETE Rousch package and the official Certificates.
There have been some stories of Rousch knock offs or trucks with just different wheels and tires sold as Rousch trucks.
46k sounds way too low for a legitimate Rousch truck.

Good luck, in whatever you decide.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I can stomach it, it's somehow the cheapest new ranger within 1000km of me.

Would you snag it at that price Canadian?
Seems like a good price to me. But I'm also not in Canada nor am I in the market.

I'd second what was said about the authenticity, but other than that sounds good.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
In a straight up honest opinion? The Roush package is a rip-off.

$13,000 for mainly cosmetic upgrades. They don't even include their own cold air intake in the package. In its simplest terms, someone who buys a tuner for $450 out-performs the "Roush" package.

You could take that $13,000, buy your own list of upgrades and come out with so much more its not even funny.

As others indicated, the price you are sharing raises red flags and sounds like an attempt by the dealership to pull a fast one. If you shared photos that is one quick way at a glance if they are putting out a pretend Roush package.

The wheels, grille, and custom interior stitching are the primary identifying features.

OP
OP
First Name
Hugh januse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Ranger
Occupation
Lineman

$13,000 for mainly cosmetic upgrades. They don't even include their own cold air intake in the package. In its simplest terms, someone who buys a tuner for $450 out-performs the "Roush" package.

You could take that $13,000, buy your own list of upgrades and come out with so much more its not even funny.

As others indicated, the price you are sharing raises red flags and sounds like an attempt by the dealership to pull a fast one. If you shared photos that is one quick way at a glance if they are putting out a pretend Roush package.

The wheels, grille, and custom interior stitching are the primary identifying features.
I agree it didn't pass the smell test price wise from afar and unfortunately it didn't in person either. The dealer tacked on 9k+ of their own fees when I arrived. I then looked at a pre owned ranger and they wanted 3k for a 1 year maintenance package lmao.

It was a legitimate Roush package and if it was still 46k I would have taken it as their pre owned rangers were 48k.
fe3343b6-957a-45ee-9691-300becabba49.jpg-420x315.jpg

9ba9c3f8-caa1-4e8e-85e2-7217b85bd701.jpg-420x315.jpg
ef6da253-b05c-4042-872b-93d306f7ffa9.jpg-420x315.jpg

OP
OP
First Name
Hugh januse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Ranger
Occupation
Lineman

Also I should say when I arrived it had been sold just that day

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I would go to the Roush Performance eb page and look at what you are getting for the $13,250 above the MSRP of the Ranger.

Here is the list of things in the base Rousch package, there are options you can pay extra for.

Standard Package Components
Includes
  • ROUSH Grille with Dual LED Light Bars
  • Painted Fender Flares with Integrated Lighting
  • ROUSH Performance Suspension
  • ROUSH Dual Tip Cat-Back Exhaust System
  • 18-Inch Satin Black ROUSH Wheels
  • 32-Inch General Tire Grabber ATX All-Terrain Tires
  • ROUSH Fender Heat Extractors
  • Premium ROUSH Leather Interior
  • ROUSH Gauge Cluster
  • Serialized Interior Badge
  • ROUSH Floor Liners by WeatherTech
  • ROUSH Graphics Package
  • Red Tow Hooks
  • ROUSH Tailgate Badge
  • Locking Lug Nuts
  • ROUSH Hitch Cover
  • ROUSH Key Fobs

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Also I should say when I arrived it had been sold just that day
There is a market for customers who crave "prestige" status. There are quite a few what I would consider otherwise really nice and cool Roush owners on this forum. I'm still not going to beat around the bush about them wasting their money though.

Money is relative though, $1,000 to me may be ass-wiping money to others.

IMO Roush should be embarrassed at what they have become. My guess the original purpose behind the company was much different than now.
Sponsored