Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Hi all,
The wife is looking to get into a compact SUV and I am trying to stay within the Ford family so the local Ford dealer can still work on it. Dealerships are far and few around here and driving 2 hours to Phoenix is a PIA for any warranty work. Does anyone have experience with the Corsair?

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ranger X3

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isnt that just a ford escape with a larger engine? Escape is a good reliable car from what I have read.
Good call, I'll do some research on it as well.?

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Definitely a good idea! Funny, we've been looking at these too. I kind of like the station wagon-ish look, as opposed to the SUV squareness. It would be my company car, and I would be selling/trading in my Transit Connect, so I am curious to see if any one else has one.

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
20201016_181411.jpg
I dont know how much it actually compares to the Lincoln, but it was a decent little gas getter. Had the 1.5 3 cylinder, and was decently peppy. I could get mpg in the high 40s. Rode pretty good for as small as it was. Got rear ended and traded the next day for a ranger. I've always driven trucks. Oh, the fwd is absolutely worthless in the snow with the stock tires.

OP
OP
Ranger X3

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, the Corsair was nice on the inside but to noisy, poor transition between electric and the ICE. It has power for the first two seconds, then the power dies down. I test drove an explorer next, plenty of power out of the 2.3 and it has nice comfortable seats! The reliability seems to be below its competitors and not a very good bang for the buck. The search continues. ?. While at Sanderson Ford, the sales person mention that the Ranger Raptor was priced at 55K when it was first schedule to come out last year, but they are now thinking 60k. He mentioned is going to be tough to get, only 10 are allocated for that dealership. ?

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Assuming you drove a Grand Model with PHEV?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
1675455273579.png

This is the only Corsair I want. But the wife has looked at the new Escapes.
My favorite WWII plane!!!
Where's PAPPY?

OP
OP
Ranger X3

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Wife is driving a Lincoln MKX and loves it. Yes it's bigger than the Corsair just thought I would mention it.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
I'm lookin' forward to getting "CLNKN" on the license plate. :cool:

We had an Electric Focus, I wonder what the Lincoln gas vs full electric models will be like. Out here in Californistan, Gas powered has been banned in the future, don't know the date, don't care.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Update, the Corsair was nice on the inside but to noisy, poor transition between electric and the ICE. It has power for the first two seconds, then the power dies down. I test drove an explorer next, plenty of power out of the 2.3 and it has nice comfortable seats! The reliability seems to be below its competitors and not a very good bang for the buck. The search continues. ?. While at Sanderson Ford, the sales person mention that the Ranger Raptor was priced at 55K when it was first schedule to come out last year, but they are now thinking 60k. He mentioned is going to be tough to get, only 10 are allocated for that dealership. ?
We had a 23 Escape PHEV on order. But 5 months and it was still not scheduled. So while down in Florida we found a new 2022 Escape Titanium Premium PHEV on a dealer’s lot for $2200 under msrp. So we picked it up and canceled our order back home. So far we love it , especially the mpg . We had a 21 Honda Passport EXL and this rides and drives about the same. Will also be able to take advantage of the $6843 tax credit by buying it before end of March.

DEF5BCC4-8970-46DE-9C4C-BE72B12F7DA7.jpeg
Sponsored