First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
These are all good points about the firewood and overloading the truck, but I'm still interested to see any wood box extenders for lighter more voluminous loads (like brush).
Unless your prepared to cut into and modify the top bed rails, there are none. Additionally, you would have to add some supports underneath the bed top rails to support any stake's.
Get a trailer...
Sponsored

ToddTheCanadian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Unless your prepared to cut into and modify the top bed rails, there are none. Additionally, you would have to add some supports underneath the bed top rails to support any stake's.
Get a trailer...
I sense some pretty conclusive assumptions in your statement that are... well, frankly they're baloney.

I can concieve of ways to easily fix higher sides to the box using the type of clamps that one might use to attach a cap (aka:"topper" for some).

I can also think of a way to make a tall "sleeve" that fit just inside the box, but had high sides. This coud use the stock tie down points, and be a very easy and effective solution to gain more cargo "volume" in the box while simultaneously "protecting" it.

I can also imagine two or three other ways that one might solve this problem.

Just because you can't think of a way to do it doesnt mean that no one else can, which is why these forums are so cool.

For the record, I do have a trailer and use it whenever its appropriate to do so.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I sense some pretty conclusive assumptions in your statement that are... well, frankly they're baloney.

I can concieve of ways to easily fix higher sides to the box using the type of clamps that one might use to attach a cap (aka:"topper" for some).

I can also think of a way to make a tall "sleeve" that fit just inside the box, but had high sides. This coud use the stock tie down points, and be a very easy and effective solution to gain more cargo "volume" in the box while simultaneously "protecting" it.

I can also imagine two or three other ways that one might solve this problem.

Just because you can't think of a way to do it doesnt mean that no one else can, which is why these forums are so cool.

For the record, I do have a trailer and use it whenever its appropriate to do so.
I know about stake beds, and love them when their done right....here's pic of my previous 2009 Ranger, with my home-made stakes.
That being said, it had stake hole pockets. If you try to add stakes with out the proper set up. it will not look right, will look like an "add-on" that was slapped together. Doing a stake bed, if done right looks great. Done wrong...looks really lousy.
Just my opinion....

20200918_102800.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: