First Name
Winn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Making money
Hello All, just got a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4. It is a bad ass of a truck. It is my first Ford truck, I traded in a 2006 Tacoma, i'm highly impressed.
One thing I'm not impressed with is the headlights, that has to be 10 years behind the current market. I was looking for a replacement, and found 2 that I need yall opinion on.
GTR Lighting CSP Mini LED and
Diode Dynamics Low Beam https://www.stage3motorsports.com/D...Dynamics-Low-Beam-H11-HID-Conversion-Kit.html

I read on a thread that LED and HID are not meant for halogen reflectors, it would cause a lot of bleed over glares, and/or would not have that distance compare to stock halogen.

Can any one confirm this? Out of the LED and HID, which one would have the least glare and still keep the same or better distance?
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Haven't tried HID's yet but regarding LED's, there is some differences.

Yes you could get some glare/bleed. 12,000 lumens appears to be the max for a good balance of light and glare. Check out the thread on here regarding different bulbs.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/led-headlight-bulbs.4589/

As for distance, imo there is a difference between the 2. Halogen does appear to throw a bit farther but LED throws wider. Its a bit of a tradeoff. If you are in a city or area with lots of cars, street lights etc, distance probably won't matter. If you are in an area that is more rural then this could be a negative.

I was driving the other night in my city that is pretty rural in a lot of areas. The roads were winding and I noticed I wasn't getting the full image of the turns until I was getting much closer than before. However, when in those turns I felt much more comfortable because I could see the entire road.

Thats the best picture I can give you. its really going to depend on the conditions where you drive and what's more important to you.