First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Im not sure who is interested but im looking at doing a weekend run that will include a night of camping. Where about you ask? Well thats a good question because I haven't gotten that far. The plan in general would start Saturday morning and do the fun traveling in the rockies. I have considered some places on the southern end. Of course there is a plan to stop at a somewhat decent place and setup camp for the night. After that continue on some more fun trails a bit then head home. If anyone would like to join and has a thought on where to go then please chime in!! Might as well have some fun!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
An updated idea,

Since I'm in Woodland Park I'm figuring starting there early in the morning(maybe grabing breakfast at one of the local diners) then heading to Cripple Creek and taking Phantom Canyon down to Canyon City.

After that head twoards Salida and brake off onto Hayden Pass.

After Hayden pass head both twoards Ponch Springs then get on Marshall Pass. Might be a good place to stop and have lunch and streatch the legs by this time.

After that head to Gunnison and top off the fuel tanks, then head north to Crested Butte. From there get on the Schofield Pass and Devils Punchbowl Trail. Depending on time probably stop fairly early and setup camp.

After that do the rest of that trail and head to Basalt.

From there take Hagerman Pass to Leadville. I suspect another lunch on the trail near Ivanhoe Lake.

After that possibly enjoy the town of Leadville and head home.

If this has some interest of a few then please let me know!! It should be a good weekend trip for sure!!

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I'm general I still plan to do this run but need to change the days. Perhaps the first weekend of October as long as the snow doesnt try to come in? Who would be up for that?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As mentioned before im still looking at the first weekend of October. Anyone interested?
Sponsored