First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well I'm going to hit Medano Pass along with Hayden Pass tomorrow. Just a day trip at best. Anyone interested in joining in on the fun feel free to let me know. I will be running GMRS on the Pathfinder and have two FRS Radios just in case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well even though no one joined in on the fun I did enjoy a bit of fun on Medano Pass and Hayden Pass today. For those wondering those two Passes do make a great loop for a nice OffRoad Trip. I have done both trails befor with the Ranger and now with the Pathfinder.

Here is what I noticed.

With the Ranger I had it lifted with Old Man EMU(still Recommend of course) and I ran 32 and 33 inch tires on it.

The Pathfinder is stock with Factory size 31 inch tires.

When I did Hayden pass I had the 32 inch tires. Unfortunately I never had a locker on the Ranger. Now I can say the Ranger did ok on Hayden Pass but if it had a locker it wouldnt have been too much of an issue. Also I was hitting the Frame with Rocks on the trail. Not fun to say the least.

With Medano Pass as I'm sure most of you in Colorado porbably have been there and understand the fun. Well with the Ranger I had the 33 inch tires and I had a blast. If anything I wouldnt recommend the Ranger going through there if stock as I suspect it may High center or at the lest bottom out somewhere(if someone has taken a stock ranger, meaning not even a leveing kit, then please put something in here).

Now with today with the Pathfinder I was curious as to how it would perform. Well lets just say the Pathfinder didnt even sweat it. If anything it just came down to me having to be smart with what I'm doing, but then again thats with any vehicle.

All in all I still think the Ranger is a Great Truck for what it is. I'm just starting to lean more towards the Pathfinder more and question if I should buy another Ranger(even though the new body looks even better than the current).

Well enough with that, here are some pictures from today for you guys to enjoy.

0703221239.jpg
0703221402.jpg
0703221427.jpg
0703221504.jpg
0703221757_HDR.jpg
0703221757.jpg
0703221816.jpg
0703221828_HDR.jpg
0703221852_HDR.jpg
0703221855a_HDR.jpg

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well even though no one joined in on the fun I did enjoy a bit of fun on Medano Pass and Hayden Pass today. For those wondering those two Passes do make a great loop for a nice OffRoad Trip. I have done both trails befor with the Ranger and now with the Pathfinder.

Here is what I noticed.

With the Ranger I had it lifted with Old Man EMU(still Recommend of course) and I ran 32 and 33 inch tires on it.

The Pathfinder is stock with Factory size 31 inch tires.

When I did Hayden pass I had the 32 inch tires. Unfortunately I never had a locker on the Ranger. Now I can say the Ranger did ok on Hayden Pass but if it had a locker it wouldnt have been too much of an issue. Also I was hitting the Frame with Rocks on the trail. Not fun to say the least.

With Medano Pass as I'm sure most of you in Colorado porbably have been there and understand the fun. Well with the Ranger I had the 33 inch tires and I had a blast. If anything I wouldnt recommend the Ranger going through there if stock as I suspect it may High center or at the lest bottom out somewhere(if someone has taken a stock ranger, meaning not even a leveing kit, then please put something in here).

Now with today with the Pathfinder I was curious as to how it would perform. Well lets just say the Pathfinder didnt even sweat it. If anything it just came down to me having to be smart with what I'm doing, but then again thats with any vehicle.

All in all I still think the Ranger is a Great Truck for what it is. I'm just starting to lean more towards the Pathfinder more and question if I should buy another Ranger(even though the new body looks even better than the current).

Well enough with that, here are some pictures from today for you guys to enjoy.

0703221239.jpg
0703221402.jpg
0703221427.jpg
0703221504.jpg
0703221757_HDR.jpg
0703221757.jpg
0703221816.jpg
0703221828_HDR.jpg
0703221852_HDR.jpg
0703221855a_HDR.jpg
I seemed to recall Medano Pass so looked at a map and realized I had been over that pass and also close by numerous times - having hunted a number of yrs at Bonanza which is on the west side of villa grove - villa grove will be the site of a Dirks Bentley concert this labor day as it was booted from Buena Vista. There is next to nothing though in Villa Grove. But when I looked at the map Stout Creek lakes aren't far from Medano Pass and have back packed to those lakes several times and was there for some spectacular fishing brought on by huge caddis fly hatches. Been hammered by storms up there where one could watch the storm slowly moving up from the Arkansas River valley - spectacular light show and calm right up unti the storm and it's fury arrived, tent pretty much flooded from the deluge. I used to backpack and fish the numerous lakes in the Sangres - lots of good sized cutthroats in those alpine lakes and some nice hikes.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I seemed to recall Medano Pass so looked at a map and realized I had been over that pass and also close by numerous times - having hunted a number of yrs at Bonanza which is on the west side of villa grove - villa grove will be the site of a Dirks Bentley concert this labor day as it was booted from Buena Vista. There is next to nothing though in Villa Grove. But when I looked at the map Stout Creek lakes aren't far from Medano Pass and have back packed to those lakes several times and was there for some spectacular fishing brought on by huge caddis fly hatches. Been hammered by storms up there where one could watch the storm slowly moving up from the Arkansas River valley - spectacular light show and calm right up unti the storm and it's fury arrived, tent pretty much flooded from the deluge. I used to backpack and fish the numerous lakes in the Sangres - lots of good sized cutthroats in those alpine lakes and some nice hikes.
Eventually I plan to uave fun out by the Rawley mine and Bonanza. Just a questio of when. I wont aregue that general area is great for OffRoad adventures

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Frenchy, if the Pathfinder is sufficient and the Ranger was a pass with the way you had it setup then a Bronco with locker would rock your socks off for the type of use you’ll be using it for…

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Frenchy, if the Pathfinder is sufficient and the Ranger was a pass with the way you had it setup then a Bronco with locker would rock your socks off for the type of use you’ll be using it for…
Depends on wich bronco we are talking about. As good looking the new Bronco is I'm not really impressed with it. I got up close to one and something just didnt sit right with me on it. Also I did some looking into on the Specifications on the Current Bronco(all models included) vs the Pathfinder I have. With the exception of the Bronco having the Locker over a limited slip Diff like the Pathfinder I couldn't really find justification if that makes sense. Should i mention i also have a bigger tank then the Bronco? A 2 door has 16.9 gallon and the 4 door has a 20.8(as long as Ford got that right). The Pathfinder has a 21.1 gallon tank(not much bigger than the 4 door but it counts). Now I won't aregue that the Bronco has considerably more power then my Pathfinder. But with the cost of the Bronco and how dealers are pulling BS I just cant justify it.
Sponsored