Lariat DRL technical question

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes - If you live in the US, left hand side of IPC, Lighting - DRL, You can turn them off and on
Canada - Req's full time DRL, not configurable
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes - If you live in the US, left hand side of IPC, Lighting - DRL, You can turn them off and on
Canada - Req's full time DRL, not configurable

If you swapped your Halo's for Factory Lariat Led like I did, here is a copy of my post about the FORscan settings you need to have for them to work properly

Oct 31, 2022
Can we get these settings posted to the ForScan Spreadsheet?

I have completed my Lariat - Factory LED Downgrade back to AS-Ordered - Now the truck is HAPPY, Bye-Bye Halo's

i had searched through the posts here and found some conflicting info on the correct settings for ForScan after the swap
I compared 3 Lariat's (As-Built) data, and these are the settings that they all have.

Lariat As-Built Compare (From 3 Trucks) (All Match these settings) (With Factory LED's)

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056
726-45-01 - 0A01-1000-008E
726-50-01 - 108E

The various posts state an array of options on these setting but to get it to Factory LED (The LED Strip) as your DRL these are my findings

DRL Configuration to (Dedicated DRL)

drl-config-2-png-png.png

Set this option to (16) Dedicated DRL - this will automatically set 2-Lines of Hex Code for you.
NOTE: the (16) is a Binary code that is converted to HEX (Inside of the As-Built) Files

Here are the 2-Lines of Codes it sets

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056 (Matches my Lariat compare search-As-Built)
726-50-01 - 108E (Matches my Lariat compare search - As-Built)

Now set Allowed DRL Options:

alowed-drl-options-png-png.png

NOTE: The Paragraph at the top
If you have only (1) option for DRL, such as Factory LED Headlights, this will show due to the fact that it matches the (16) Binary code you set in DRL Configuration PLUS
This option ONLY modifies (In addition) (Plus) the standard factory DRL.
So, this normal - As I have not added any special (extra) DRL options to the configuration

So, with this selected, here is the last Hex Line of code that is changed (Automatically)

726-45-01 - 0A01-1000-008E (Matches my Lariat compare search-As-Built)

If you do not see this option (highlighted) then go into the As-Built File and manually change it, then when you go back to the (Module) Easy way, this will be shown

If you select (31) (+) Dedicated DRL here, you will see the As-Built Hex Line change to this

726-45-01 - 0A01-1F00-008E - ----This does not match factory settings
Others have posted that you need to set it to this, and it does work, as I have operational checked the Headlight's and DRL's using this one (1F00) and (1000)

Operational Check:

1. LED Strip - On and Bright
a. With Headlight switch in Auto (Daylight) - So DRL Mode

2. LED Strip - On and Dim
a. Headlight switch in (Headlight) and (Auto - Nighttime)
b. Headlight Switch in Park Lights
c. Activation of Entry / Exit Lights along with Park Lights, Bed Lights, Puddle Lights, Door Locks Activation Etc.

I know there have been quite a few posts on this subject and I wanted to pass along my findings
to clear it up
These are the confirmed settings for the Lariat Factory LED Upgrade, now it should also clear it up for those who have installed the (aftermarket) options. With the attached pics, you can see it more clearly and visualize what changes you want to make

Here are the changes each selection makes to the Hex Line

726-45-01 - (0A01-XXXX-008E)
None: 0100
All Options: 7F00
Low Beam: 0300
Hi-Beam: 3F00
Ft Fog: 0700
Ft Turn: 0F00
Dedicated DRL: 1F00
Incorrect Value or Not Configured - 1000 (Factory Lariat Setting (LED)

Hope this helps

22 Ranger Lariat Screw Cactus Gray

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired
Goes to BCM, Pin 40 on connector C2280c, keep in mind that the BCM provides internal circuit protection (FET) for the individual exterior lights. You might need to do a BCM reset
C2280c - is the top middle connector on the BCM above the IPC Fuse box by your left knee

With Meter:

Note: To check DRL, place truck in (Neutral) and SET parking brake, DRL will not power in park

Pin 6 to Body Ground (voltage) this will check if you have power to connector
Pin 6 to Pin 4 (voltage) (This will ck ground circuit) wiring (Pin 4 is the ground pin for DRL)
How can you do a bcm reset without going to dealer ?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
How can you do a bcm reset without going to dealer ?
Forscan or Scanner - BCM Self-Test (is the reset), it won't erase any (Module Changes) like Bambi Mode etc.. but it will reset your Dimmer Level (Adjustment)

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired
Forscan or Scanner - BCM Self-Test (is the reset), it won't erase any (Module Changes) like Bambi Mode etc.. but it will reset your Dimmer Level (Adjustment)
Left side drl now works. Only thing is it will only come on when driving. When truck is turned off it should remain on for 20 or so seconds but turns off when ignition is turned off. The right Drl stays on for the 30 or so seconds. I'm glad it's working when driving but confused why it turns off with ignition

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Left side drl now works. Only thing is it will only come on when driving. When truck is turned off it should remain on for 20 or so seconds but turns off when ignition is turned off. The right Drl stays on for the 30 or so seconds. I'm glad it's working when driving but confused why it turns off with ignition
To help pin down is it the Park Light or DRL side of operation.

Operational Check:

1. LED Strip - On and Bright
a. With Headlight switch in Auto (Daylight) - So DRL Mode

NOTE: DRL's will only operate in (Bright) when headlight switch is in (Auto) and any gear except park - this includes (Neutral) for a by yourself operational check but (SET PARKING BRAKE) for safety.

2. LED Strip - On and Dim
a. Headlight switch in (Headlight) and (Auto - Nighttime)
b. Headlight Switch in Park Lights
c. Activation of Entry / Exit Lights along with Park Lights, Bed Lights, Puddle Lights, Door Locks Activation Etc.

It sounds like the Park Light side is still not getting power (On & Dim)
If you use the FOB and press the unlock button, the Park Lights (DRL Strip) along with the Puddle Lights, Taillights and Cargo Lights should power on for a short period of time, same as opening the door. (The Turn Signals should FLASH briefly then go off)

If you place the Headlight switch in (Park Lamps) with the Engine Off, Does the L & R Led Strip light up in (DIM)?

If no, then check for power at the Left Headlamp Connector

Pin #5 = Park Light
Pin #6 = DRL
This will help eliminate the Headlamp Assy and then we can look further upstream
1716064482230-zs.png

So, possibilities are:
Park Light wire also damaged; the FET Internal Protection of the Park Light circuit cut power to the circuit and due to the length of time it was damaged it is possible to be a permeant power cut.
Internal Circuit of the Headlamp Assembly - Itself - Shorted.
Sponsored