Lariat Headlight DRL in amber?

Mr Adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Gotta say I love my lariat headlights. The only thing that bothers me is the DRL strip being cool white. I wish it matched the amber side markers. This is what's been keeping me from getting a raptor grill w/ lights. Can't stand the white DRL with the amber grill lights.

I've been waiting for Diode Dynamics to come out with a replacement DRL amber strip, but I doubt that'll happen... So I've been toying with the idea of cracking open the headlights to see if it's possible to change the LEDs in there.
Photo Jan 20, 12 05 15.jpg

I really love the Raptor headlights because of their amber DRL:
IMG_3492_large.jpg

I'm curious if anyone on here has tried to open the Lariat headlights? I've done it on previous vehicles with success.

On another note I was excited for the Alpha rex headlights, but it turns out the DRL on them is also white! I will not be buying because of this... It seems nitpicky but, you know, first world problems... Maybe Morimoto will get the message and allow the DRL on theirs to be configurable.

Let me know your thoughts on this DRL thing!
Sponsored

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I agree with you 100%! This has been an ongoing gripe with me since I got my truck last year. I posted essentially the same question last year, and thus far have found a solution.

I would like for the DRLs and the mirror marker lights to all function together, and amber all the way around.

Here's my post from last year: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/marker-light-idea.6599/

I'll be very interested to see where this goes.