Just stop...

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is the mass quantities those things are sold more like 10 cents a unit. LOL

Hell I can go on Alibaba and cut out the middle man (Amazon) and buy the same exact "cheap" off road lights that the sellers want $50 for like $10.00 if you buy multiple units.

Only downside is you have wait for the stuff to come via DHL overseas.

If they only charge $10.00, then you can only guess what profit they are still making.

I helped your guy make his millions then cause I've grabbed an oddball item from the $2.00 bin on occasion. haha
Yeah economies of scale is beyond overpowered, part of why I like watching shark tank is you hear how much something costs to make vs how much they sell them for lol, 99 percent of the time you are buying the brand, if you get it like you said from alibaba or something direct its the same product just rebranded for like 10 different companies at 10 different prices
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Yep. Overlanding and #vanlife has driven the price of almost everything up and then you have sellers like that who take it to the extreme and take advantage of those who equate spending more with getting more. I recently tried to order a Jerry can from a well-known off-roading site because they claimed to have it in stock. Two years ago it's a $40 purchase, now you can't find them for under $80. As soon as I ordered it, the site sent an email saying there would be a 2-3 month wait for it because the manufacturer was so backlogged. In checking (which I should've done first) the manufacturer had them in stock and sells them for less.
Not sure if you are still looking for Jerry cans, but I bought a couple of these maybe a year ago. Well made, vented, perfect seal pour spout. A+

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/80235/10002/-1

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
speaking of ratchet straps , I saw some the other day that were "retractable " and no tailpiece flapping around , anybody try any of those yet?

blueridge72

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
I have some 1" x 6' retractables from Uline that I used for years and years to strap things to the top of my subaru. Loved them. When I got the Ranger, I bought some 2" x 10' from Camco, but don't like them at all. The diameter of the drum is larger and gives you less leverage with the lever. They're so awkward, I don't use them.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have some 1" x 6' retractables from Uline that I used for years and years to strap things to the top of my subaru. Loved them. When I got the Ranger, I bought some 2" x 10' from Camco, but don't like them at all. The diameter of the drum is larger and gives you less leverage with the lever. They're so awkward, I don't use them.
I have these Erickson 1"X10' retractable for the bed tie downs and really like them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056OFWVM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

blueridge72

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Those look exactly like my 1"x6' straps. I ordered a set, Thanks.
Sponsored