Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone successfully jailbroken an Iphone in order to get around what apps can be used by Sync3? I've heard that this mod would allow most apps to be displayed on the screen. Would be nice to watch MyRadar on the main screen instead of my Iphone.
Sponsored

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone successfully jailbroken an Iphone in order to get around what apps can be used by Sync3? I've heard that this mod would allow most apps to be displayed on the screen. Would be nice to watch MyRadar on the main screen instead of my Iphone.
Iā€™m interested as well. Screen mirroring my iPhone to the Sync3 would be amazing.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I agree

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Nows a better time than any, 12.4 is "jailbreakable" so don't install 12.4.1 or you will lose that option.

I've been wanting to try, but I don't have any spare phones at the moment, and I need mine to stay working :)

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nows a better time than any, 12.4 is "jailbreakable" so don't install 12.4.1 or you will lose that option.

I've been wanting to try, but I don't have any spare phones at the moment, and I need mine to stay working :)
I had successfully jailbroke an Iphone 5 long ago...now it seems really hard...all the Youtube instructions don't seem to work...

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

Iā€™ve done it before for sync 3 but jail breaking iPhones nowadays is worse than it used to be. The old jailbreaks were so much more stable and would almost never require rejailbreaking. Nowadays, the jailbreaks frequently require you to ā€rejailbreakā€ through the jailbreak app on your device. Which isnā€™t the worst thing, just takes a couple minutes and a few reboots, eventually it works again but the question is for how long. At times Iā€™ve had to rejailbreak almost daily which was way too annoying. My phone would usually reboot itself overnight and every time I woke up in the morning, my jailbreak would be gone. I also had a weird boot loop issue that would come up every now and then, thankfully my dogs and I have a very consistent pee schedule first thing in the morning, since my phone alarm didnā€™t go off many times. As someone mentioned, iOS 12.4 is jailbreakable. Some older versions are still jailbreakable if you havenā€™t updated in a long time, but I would proceed with caution and only consider it if you have a spare phone that you donā€™t use as a primary.

As far as having that functionality with sync 3. It was pretty cool. I was even able to get Plex to play on my sync 3 screen. That was fun while I was either taking a lunch break in my car or waiting for my wife to get out of work. Video mirroring was good. Other apps would mirror over pretty well too but at the end of the day, I only used it every once in a while and I ended up ditching the jailbreak scene because I need my phone to work consistently instead of getting stuck in boot loops randomly.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sure would be nice if Apple would loosen up their choke hold on which apps can be used...I understand watching Youtube might be a dumb idea but come on...radar/weather, searching Yelp and other similar useful apps would be useful...I have Gia and why is that not open to be displayed on Sync screen?:explode::curse::facepalm:

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Sure would be nice if Apple would loosen up their choke hold on which apps can be used...I understand watching Youtube might be a dumb idea but come on...radar/weather, searching Yelp and other similar useful apps would be useful...I have Gia and why is that not open to be displayed on Sync screen?:explode::curse::facepalm:
Radar on screen is practically a life goal....

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sirius/XM Travel link has a radar under the weather selection. The zoom feature is not particularly useful though.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Myradar and RadarUS+ are my favorites...

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I use my radar. I like it it uses NOAA feed
Sponsored