DukeCanBuildit
Well-Known Member
That’s looking great Dave - really coming together nicely. Getting it buttoned up like that should help Annie get a better sense of how things will look. ?
Sponsored
Thanks Duke! She's getting more excited and more involved now which as you know might be a bad thing. lol ??That’s looking great Dave - really coming together nicely. Getting it buttoned up like that should help Annie get a better sense of how things will look. ?
Donuts for the crew.We stopped by the house today to take a few measurements and was pleasantly surprised to see the roofers there. It's going to rain tonight and they were putting down the ice & water barrier along with the tar paper. Even though the Zip System is a water barrier it's nice to see that my builder had them protecting it even more. Having worked construction my whole life and many, many Sundays I can appreciate this and them for their hard work.
![]()
I would've but didn't know they were there and there's nothing really close by to make a donut run.Donuts for the crew.
Ahhh, the 'Green New Deal' homeWe stopped by the house today ...
![]()

Hey brother how are you? Hope you're keeping busy with the 2 little ones and spoiling them. Oh, make sure those gifts are loud! ???Ahhh, the 'Green New Deal' home
Glad i'ts getting there, good to see you''ll be busy next year. ETA for move in yet?
We're up visiting (per usual) had the oldest running around in squeaky shoes while here, she has to wear regular shoes at home...parents...bah, don't know nothing about fun lol!!!Hey brother how are you? Hope you're keeping busy with the 2 little ones and spoiling them. Oh, make sure those gifts are loud! ???
Yes, we'll be busy moving and then getting wood cut/split for next winter. ETA is still up in the air, I told my builder I didn't want anyone to rush and would rather it take a little longer. I'm hoping for late March - April but even it were May it's not a big deal, we're only 3.5 miles from the house.
I'll never understand why you build so cheaply over there. It may be because my house is more than 70 years older than your constitution... but my goodness. Hope it lasts you until your personal expiry date and wish you both a good time.Yes is it Kent! We're really excited but I'm more happy for her because she could never envision the house from the print and now she can. There's a stepped up coffered ceiling in the great room and she could never picture what it would look like. We stopped by this morning to bring the guys some coffee/doughnuts and they were done framing it out so she could now see it.
![]()
That was a particularly shitty thing to say, and I can't imagine your reasoning for having said it.I'll never understand why you build so cheaply over there. It may be because my house is more than 70 years older than your constitution... but my goodness. Hope it lasts you until your personal expiry date and wish you both a good time.
Merry Christmas to you too.that doesn't surprise me at all. how could you ? the only certainty is that the hut won't be 300 years old. but if it's 30 it will be enough for him. that's all you care about over there anyway. just don't think a millimetre further than the tip of your own nose. that could be worrying.

yo. Орешник over Wiesbaden. Lokking forward to it.?Merry Christmas to you too.![]()
All new structures here are built to withstand 100+ MPH hurricane winds …I'll never understand why you build so cheaply over there. It may be because my house is more than 70 years older than your constitution... but my goodness. Hope it lasts you until your personal expiry date and wish you both a good time.
So are you saying that all new construction where you are is built the same as your 300 year old house?I'll never understand why you build so cheaply over there. It may be because my house is more than 70 years older than your constitution... but my goodness. Hope it lasts you until your personal expiry date and wish you both a good time.