It's been fun!

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
well this will be the final look and year for the Ranger. I'm making the Hop to a Bronco next year. Have loved this truck a ton but the bronco will suite me better.

20200727_220127.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'll admit when I saw this video here I gave it some thought but I really need a pickup for work. Also I'm apprehensive about buying anything that's a new design for at least a year or two because there's always some bugs that need to be worked out. The 2 times I did this it ended up bitting me as both were nothing but trouble. Hopefully you have great luck with the new Bronco!

OP
OP
Chrisr24

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'll admit when I saw this video here I gave it some thought but I really need a pickup for work. Also I'm apprehensive about buying anything that's a new design for at least a year or two because there's always some bugs that need to be worked out. The 2 times I did this it ended up bitting me as both were nothing but trouble. Hopefully you have great luck with the new Bronco!
I would agree however both engines have been around and the auto trans is nothing new. The vehicle will have a warranty so not really too worried about it. They have gone above and beyond with research and quality on this. I have no kids and don't plan on it so I can get away with a 2 door. I've always wanted a Jeep for the fact that there are tons of aftermarket parts and that is the way the bronco is going. It will be interesting for sure!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I would agree however both engines have been around and the auto trans is nothing new. The vehicle will have a warranty so not really too worried about it. They have gone above and beyond with research and quality on this. I have no kids and don't plan on it so I can get away with a 2 door. I've always wanted a Jeep for the fact that there are tons of aftermarket parts and that is the way the bronco is going. It will be interesting for sure!
You're right about the drivetrain and I'm sure everything will be good. Every time I watch that video I want one more and more so you'll have to come back and let us all know how you like it and post pictures. The Sasquatch pkg looks killer in the 2 door and it will give Jeep a serious run for there money!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chrisr24

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You're right about the drivetrain and I'm sure everything will be good. Every time I watch that video I want one more and more so you'll have to come back and let us all know how you like it and post pictures. The Sasquatch pkg looks killer ninth 2 door and it will give Jeep a serious run for there money!
2 door base with the sasquatch and 2.7 is what i want. So we will see.

Deleted member 1634

Do you know what position you have? Because at this rate it looks like some of the reservation holders will end up getting a 2022 Bronco because there's so much of a back log (150000+ reservations already apparently). haha So you might end up having your Ranger for longer than you think. haha

As far as the Bronco in general. I'm so disappointed knowing that I'll never be able to have one. The truck bed aspect is just too useful for me. The Bronco looks amazing though. I'm hoping to convince my brother to get one so I can at least still experience it. haha

In my fantasy, I'd spec out a 4-door Big Bend with Mid package in either Cactus Gray or Antimatter Blue.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Finding a way to bring all my gear would be the hardest part of switching to a Bronco. I’m holding out for the Ranger Raptor to see what kind of off road goodies they give it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Finding a way to bring all my gear would be the hardest part of switching to a Bronco. I’m holding out for the Ranger Raptor to see what kind of off road goodies they give it.
I'm waiting for the Ranger Raptor too. But it will be tough to follow my own advise to not buy a first year vehicle because I want one real bad. lol It will also depend on if the dealers add on a premium charge like I've seen some do on the F 150 Raptor. One local dealer had a $10,000 charge just because, well just because some people are dumb enough to pay it.

OP
OP
Chrisr24

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I don't think anyone knows their position but according to what i've read and seen so far if you reserved yours in the first few days you will likely get yours in 2021. Plus i imagine tons of people aren't going to follow through with their orders so we will see once december comes around.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I'm waiting for the Ranger Raptor too. But it will be tough to follow my own advise to not buy a first year vehicle because I want one real bad. lol It will also depend on if the dealers add on a premium charge like I've seen some do on the F 150 Raptor. One local dealer had a $10,000 charge just because, well just because some people are dumb enough to pay it.
I agree, I’m not paying more than MSRP for a raptor of any kind. If it’s hard to get one then I might try to make the bronco life work.

Hopefully the new full sized Raptor will shadow the Ranger Raptor and won’t draw as much attention. After all, I’ve never seen a Raptor out on any trails here in Colorado. It’s strictly a street going status symbol for the people who want to look adventurous but never hit the dirt. So the Ranger Raptor won’t be as contested for the street queens.
Sponsored