Items to check at delivery

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
The shifter/parking brake issue was that when the parking brake was applied, the shifter might not fully engage the park position. There was a mechanical interference in the console.
Yes and it only affected Rangers built before January 9th. There was a recall issued and dealers are required to correct it prior to delivery.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
check the tire pressure as part of dealer prep
It seems that most dealers manage to screw this up. I mentioned to my salesman that if they fixed the tire pressure it would make the trucks test drive a lot better.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
It seems that most dealers manage to screw this up. I mentioned to my salesman that if they fixed the tire pressure it would make the trucks test drive a lot better.
Heck my tire store seldom puts the air pressure where I want it!:yawn:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Tire pressure was the only thing I found checking the on board monitor it show all four tires had 48psi. I took time before I left the lot to drop the tire pressure down to 35psi. When I checked the tires the next day they all showed 31psi.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Washer fluid light came on after about 600 miles. I'm going in Monday for other reasons, I'll have them top it off...and maybe ask if there are any other dealer prep steps they missed apart from washer fluid and tire pressure. :confused:

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Just to close the loop a bit on this - I picked up my Ranger yesterday afternoon and here is the list I came up with:
  • Tire pressure
  • Rear Seatback latching
  • Door alignment (doors sticking out)
  • Bed alignment
  • Rear seat bottom not latching
  • Line on drivers door - 5" from handle
  • Check license plate frame - make sure it doesn't hit tailgate
  • Washer fluid filled
  • Skid plates in place
  • Hood alignment?
  • Steering wheel buttons functional
The only thing that was wrong was the tire inflation. They were all inflated at like 42 lbs - I've put them down to about 34 (they were hot when I did it), and will get them correct soon, but removing some air definitely smoothed out the ride quite a bit. The rest of the items were fine.

I did ask to make sure sync was updated, but it didn't have the 19052 update, so I did that myself last night. I also had trouble getting it setup in FordPass, and had to do a master reset (following the instructions on this site) - that all worked great.

Thanks for all the input on this - I hope it might help someone with a future delivery.

Last edited:

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Just to close the loop a bit on this - I picked up my Ranger yesterday afternoon and here is the list I came up with:
  • - Tire pressure
  • Rear Seatback latching
  • Door alignment (doors sticking out)
  • Bed alignment
  • Rear seat bottom not latching
  • Line on drivers door - 5" from handle
  • Check license plate frame - make sure it doesn't hit tailgate
  • Washer fluid filled
  • Skid plates in place
  • Hood alignment?
  • Steering wheel buttons functional
The only thing that was wrong was the tire inflation. They were all inflated at like 42 lbs - I've put them down to about 34 (they were hot when I did it), and will get them correct soon, but removing some air definitely smoothed out the ride quite a bit. The rest of the items were fine.

I did ask to make sure sync was updated, but it didn't have the 19052 update, so I did that myself last night. I also had trouble getting it setup in FordPass, and had to do a master reset (following the instructions on this site) - that all worked great.

Thanks for all the input on this - I hope it might help someone with a future delivery.
How can you tell that it doesn't have the 19052 update? And how did you go about updating the Sync 3?

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How can you tell that it doesn't have the 19052 update? And how did you go about updating the Sync 3?
Go into settings then about and it will show you the build number - it had 18xxx and I updated to the latest. It is supposed to update over the air, but I was too impatient, so I did it manually via USB.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...nd-updates/how-to-use-usb-to-update-sync.html

It isn't the smoothest process, but it does work. The website is pretty bad, IMO. I was never able to get it to advance so I could tell Ford I updated. I just kind of froze on step 3 - clicking the button to advance to step 4 never worked.

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
Go into settings then about and it will show you the build number - it had 18xxx and I updated to the latest. It is supposed to update over the air, but I was too impatient, so I did it manually via USB.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...nd-updates/how-to-use-usb-to-update-sync.html

It isn't the smoothest process, but it does work. The website is pretty bad, IMO. I was never able to get it to advance so I could tell Ford I updated. I just kind of froze on step 3 - clicking the button to advance to step 4 never worked.
Did you plug the USB drive back into your computer? To notify Ford of the update it sends a file the Sync3 created on the USB drive to Ford

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you plug the USB drive back into your computer? To notify Ford of the update it sends a file the Sync3 created on the USB drive to Ford
Yes, I was able to do it when I updated our C-Max, but when I did it for the Ranger I couldn't get the website to advance to the page where you upload the results file. I'm really not too worried about it - I may end up trying again later - or using another browser to see if it works better.

Cntrl Cstr

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super cab (Sabre), 2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired Aerospace Geek
I have seen lots of 4WD Lariat sedans and one XL Commercial coupe.
The Fit and finish on all was perfect!
I'm confident that at least Ford can still build the best...
even if they have forgotten how, when it comes to marketing and logistics.
If Ford ever gets around to building and delivering my trucko_O it had better be Perfect!
Every day of further delay makes me pickier about delivery, by the time I get mine,even those paper floor mats had better be clean and installed straight!!
Right on!
I ordered my truck on Aug 30 of last year. It's finally at the dealer and I'm picking it up later today. It better be perfect for the everybody's sake.

Reactions: Ric

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Tire pressure was the only thing I found checking the on board monitor it show all four tires had 48psi. I took time before I left the lot to drop the tire pressure down to 35psi. When I checked the tires the next day they all showed 31psi.
The Ford pass app shows the tires should be at 30 psi when cold.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The door sticker says the same thing
30PSI?
Wow that's LOW! Even my TC is 44r & 41f
That'll be nice if tps is set for 30, I like a little margin.
What does the door sticker and the sidewall say on a 2wd ?

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase