It HAD To Happen Sooner or Later: 1st Scratch

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Makes you sick doesn't it? :facepalm:
20200310_190131[1].jpg
Sponsored

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Damn it Man, that sucks. Just be glad it's on the cap and not in the paint. Could be worse for sure..

Deleted member 1634

If you consider that minor plastic scratch disheartening, then mine would make you pass out with how "riddled with damage" it is already. Heck, I added something like that the very first day I brought the truck home, putting a camping water jug in the bed. Since then I've gotten a chip on the tailgate corner (which I've covered), a scuff on the right front corner bumper from someone in a parking lot, a ding in the front skid plate (FX4) from when the snowblower ran away from me and slammed into the front of the truck, among a handful of others. But now, at least, I'm not worried about it anymore. haha

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The first one hurts the most, but it is a truck after all, and if you use it as a truck, it is going to get scratched and dinged.

I did my first boo boo after having it for 2 days. But after 11 months, it still looks really good I think. Only a few bumps and bruises.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
If you drive it any its bound to get scratched and rock chips , just the facts of owning a vehicle

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
I sure could have used some "plastic" on the top corner of the cab!!! Dam Crow landed there the other day, and left me two "toenail" scratches!!:explode: As earlier commented, it is now open season, on Crows.

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Pretty sure i have quite a few from offroading lol. My truck isn't no pavement princess lol. Plus that is what i vinyl wrap job is for haha.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Pretty sure i have quite a few from offroading lol. My truck isn't no pavement princess lol. Plus that is what i vinyl wrap job is for haha.
Which areas need vinyl wrap for reducing rock damage ?
Sponsored