First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Project Farm has some really great comparison videos and here's a really good one with high mileage oils. There are many who are getting up there in miles now (Sid @Msfitoy:wink:) and this is a good video showing the differences between full synthetic and high mileage full synthetic motor oil. At the rate I'm going (29,812.... STOP laughing Sid!?) I'll most likely be trading mine in before needing this.

Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Project Farm has some really great comparison videos and here's a really good one with high mileage oils. There are many who are getting up there in miles now (Sid @Msfitoy:wink:) and this is a good video showing the differences between full synthetic and high mileage full synthetic motor oil. At the rate I'm going (29,812.... STOP laughing Sid!?) I'll most likely be trading mine in before needing this.

Good find, Dave...I'm happy to hear I chose correctly and will continue using Mobil 1 HM...:cool:

Almost to 99K...

Last edited:

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've never used a high mileage oil... My Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD is at 235k and I'm still using Rotella T6 every 8-10k miles. I don't even check the oil. It takes 2.5 gallons and I pour that in with a filter change, run it until time to change, repeat.

I don't consider 75k miles to be "high mileage" unless the owner was a complete moron.

Here I thought I didn't drive much. lol
I've had my truck for 3 months and just hit 900 miles. I recently moved to a smaller town, so that may have a lot to do with it. :)

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
If it meets the Ford spec in the owner’s manual it will be fine. FWIW my mother has an older Cadillac with an oil burning Northstar (they’re known for that) but it uses noticeably less oil with Valvoline Max Life.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I've never used a high mileage oil... My Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD is at 235k and I'm still using Rotella T6 every 8-10k miles. I don't even check the oil. It takes 2.5 gallons and I pour that in with a filter change, run it until time to change, repeat.

I don't consider 75k miles to be "high mileage" unless the owner was a complete moron.

I've had my truck for 3 months and just hit 900 miles. I recently moved to a smaller town, so that may have a lot to do with it. :)
So anyone who says 75k is "high" is a moron cause you got 235k? Checks out..

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So anyone who says 75k is "high" is a moron cause you got 235k? Checks out..
No, those are mutually exclusive. If the owner is too incompetent to properly take care of a vehicle, it can be highly worn at much lower mileage.

But... Does this offend you? :D

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer

I would not consider a vehicle to be high mileage until it has in excess of 200,000 miles. 100,000 is mid life.

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Just came in here to say "Project Farm" should definitely be on your regular watchlist if it isn't already. Been following him since the beginning and his videos have been influential on some purchases. New videos every Sunday.

That said, I'm not switching to high mileage just yet, but maybe around 75K I would.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I tried to buy a jug of that stuff once and the clerk looked me over and said I didn't look like I drove a car with over 75k miles, I got flustered and ran out of the store, if there is a next time I'll remember to bring proof of mileage.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
No, those are mutually exclusive. If the owner is too incompetent to properly take care of a vehicle, it can be highly worn at much lower mileage.

But... Does this offend you? :D
No, just questioning the strong adjective for something so dumb.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase

wait wait wait you ahve 29k miles???? im 30miles from 10k already and it hasnt even been a year!
Sponsored