First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Out of curiosity who here would be up for a fair section of the Continental Divide Trail? The section I speak of is from Pie Town New Mexico going to Buena Vista Colorado. According to the article I will have attached it would be a 7-10 day trip and should be something that the Ranger (and some other vehicles) can do within reason. I figured a group of 5-10 vehicles would be plenty. As for when? I'm thinking next summer about?

Who would like to get together for this?

Here is the article I mentioned that has a described route

https://expeditionportal.com/overland-routes-new-mexico-and-the-continental-divide/
Sponsored

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
That looks like an amazing route. Not sure that I'd be able to manage next summer, but I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For what it is worth I already have an idea of the route that was picked. I just have to get it all put in the Garmin Explore APP to have the information ready to share. It will be as close as possible for driving the route, but still fun. Some bits I have been on. Other bits only close. Definitely an area of fun when you think about it.

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sign me up! I'm looking to buy an off grid mini camper this winter, so I'll be ready by next summer.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Gdub

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I have done all of the Continental Divide Trail from Mexico to I-70 in CO as well as some portions up to Montana. This was done in my 02 FX4 Ranger with 33" tires and mostly stock otherwise. A newer Ranger should not have any problem with this trail. A Sprinter was with us and did just fine.

The route you selected will have some awesome scenery. Just be careful of certain sections that state 'may be impassible when raining'. We got caught up in one of those sections and had to wait it out.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have done all of the Continental Divide Trail from Mexico to I-70 in CO as well as some portions up to Montana. This was done in my 02 FX4 Ranger with 33" tires and mostly stock otherwise. A newer Ranger should not have any problem with this trail. A Sprinter was with us and did just fine.

The route you selected will have some awesome scenery. Just be careful of certain sections that state 'may be impassible when raining'. We got caught up in one of those sections and had to wait it out.
Fair points to say the least. I'm sure when the time comes all should be well

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity who here would be up for a fair section of the Continental Divide Trail? The section I speak of is from Pie Town New Mexico going to Buena Vista Colorado. According to the article I will have attached it would be a 7-10 day trip and should be something that the Ranger (and some other vehicles) can do within reason. I figured a group of 5-10 vehicles would be plenty. As for when? I'm thinking next summer about?

Who would like to get together for this?

Here is the article I mentioned that has a described route

https://expeditionportal.com/overland-routes-new-mexico-and-the-continental-divide/
Did you give up on the notion of going on this trip?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you give up on the notion of going on this trip?
Not entirely, but as you can see it hasn't gotten much attention of those who would be interested for who knows what reason

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the Ranger group is a smaller group compared to "adventure" group forums. But I'd settled for teaming up with anyone that has experience and resources for the trip. I'm working my way up to it. I've got a boondocking bushwhacker camper almost ready to use for longer trips. I still need to work on getting some extra fuel tanks.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
This is definitely on my "want-to-do" list, sadly the "need-to-do" list isn't leaving enough spare room in the budget to make this feasible at the moment. I'll just have to be content with living vicariously through your experience.
Sponsored