I got the FPT, but a question

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
It is solely based off the vehicle original purchase date. For example if you are like me and bought your truck on October 30th 2019 you would be SOL and have no more warranty. If it was the same month and day but in 2021 you would have warranty until October 30th of 2024(or by mileage/kilometers if those came first).

That make sense?
Sounds good .. I like it,

Appreciate it!
Sponsored

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is solely based off the vehicle original purchase date. For example if you are like me and bought your truck on October 30th 2019 you would be SOL and have no more warranty. If it was the same month and day but in 2021 you would have warranty until October 30th of 2024(or by mileage/kilometers if those came first).

That make sense?
I guess I should also throw this out there to be clear....the remaining balance of the 5yr / 60000 mi powertrain warranty continues on though correct? The tune part# is the only thing that expires in the 3yr window correct? Or does the addition of the tune decrease and replaces the original powertrain warranty?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I guess I should also throw this out there to be clear....the remaining balance of the 5yr / 60000 mi powertrain warranty continues on though correct? The tune part# is the only thing that expires in the 3yr window correct? Or does the addition of the tune decrease and replaces the original powertrain warranty?
Technically speaking the tune warranty would replace the original powertrain warranty. Why you ask? Well even though it is a tune backed by Ford, the tune is not OEM. If a failure were to happen on the powertrain (BTW I have yet to seen a reported failure with this tune) with this tune then Ford can easily say it's because of the tune.

With that said you might wonder if going to a different tune might help like Livernoise? Well if Ford saw a powertrain failure with that they would simply void the warranty and tell you to bend over and apply own lube.

Make sense?

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Technically speaking the tune warranty would replace the original powertrain warranty. Why you ask? Well even though it is a tune backed by Ford, the tune is not OEM. If a failure were to happen on the powertrain (BTW I have yet to seen a reported failure with this tune) with this tune then Ford can easily say it's because of the tune.

With that said you might wonder if going to a different tune might help like Livernoise? Well if Ford saw a powertrain failure with that they would simply void the warranty and tell you to bend over and apply own lube.

Make sense?
Yep I hear ya,

I have a general interest in the tune....but I'm more interested in maximizing my warranty coverage...I've been looking at extended warranty so I guess it would be silly to purchase that and then get the tune to void it

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yep I hear ya,

I have a general interest in the tune....but I'm more interested in maximizing my warranty coverage...I've been looking at extended warranty so I guess it would be silly to purchase that and then get the tune to void it
Definitely pay attention to the small print of the extended warranty. Even with the Ford Performance Tune an extended warranty company can be considered void with that tune. It all depends on the extended warranty company

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I have an extended warranty and a tune. If the engine, trans, diff, etc go - I know it's not getting covered unless the tech that does the right up really loves Rangers and some divine intervention. Like it was said; they could easily say.. tune.. that blew it up. Trying to prove them wrong in court would probably cost more than fixing what broke....

So why the warranty? I am sort of dumb and.... ever see pictures of what happens if the AC system fails in a big way (inside the cab - not the compressor) - tune didn't break that... I am not doing that work myself and it is southeast Texas. I dont want to die from lack of AC in a black truck :D. Also, the tail light fails under the bumper-to-bumper on the extended- tune didn't break that expensive freaking light. ABS system fails? Not the tunes fault. Bed falls off (this was almost possible as the factory robot was having a bad day with mine). Not the tunes fault. Etc etc etc etc.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I have an extended warranty and a tune. If the engine, trans, diff, etc go - I know it's not getting covered unless the tech that does the right up really loves Rangers and some divine intervention. Like it was said; they could easily say.. tune.. that blew it up. Trying to prove them wrong in court would probably cost more than fixing what broke....

So why the warranty? I am sort of dumb and.... ever see pictures of what happens if the AC system fails in a big way (inside the cab - not the compressor) - tune didn't break that... I am not doing that work myself and it is southeast Texas. I dont want to die from lack of AC in a black truck :D. Also, the tail light fails under the bumper-to-bumper on the extended- tune didn't break that expensive freaking light. ABS system fails? Not the tunes fault. Bed falls off (this was almost possible as the factory robot was having a bad day with mine). Not the tunes fault. Etc etc etc etc.
Yeah I think the exclusion of the mentioned items sucks with the tune, it is not THAT much more power but there are plenty of expensive items that are still covered. Our '16 Pilot had an extended on it and man did we do good on it. Just an injector replacement on the Honda (Di Engine) nearly paid for the policy and we had fuel pumps done once (wife loves running on fumes) and suspension components were even covered.
Sponsored