MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with ya there, Rob. My wife doesn't get it either. She just rolls her eyes anytime I mention how much I'm enjoying my truck. I find myself looking at it any chance I get (and sometimes going out of my way to do so)...and smiling when I do :)
The funny thing is, my wife could care less about the performance aspect but loves the electronics and technology in the Ranger Lariat, like the capability to start the motor (and the air conditioning) while the Ranger is waiting for us in an overheated parking lot; or the way the reminders from my iPhone calendar show up on the main screen! In a word, we are both of still smiling!
Sponsored

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing is, my wife could care less about the performance aspect but loves the electronics and technology in the Ranger Lariat, like the capability to start the motor (and the air conditioning) while the Ranger is waiting for us in an overheated parking lot; or the way the reminders from my iPhone calendar show up on the main screen! In a word, we are both of still smiling!
I'm not sure which is better, a wife that is happy with the truck or, as in my case, a wife that could care less (to her it's "just a truck" GASP!). At least I know she won't be asking to drive it, so there's that. As long as she tolerates my fawning over it, then I'm golden...lol.

Deleted member 1634

I haven't been driving mine for the last few weeks. My wife broke her left foot over the 4th of July weekend and thus can't drive her stick shift Corolla. So we had to swap vehicles for a bit (hopefully). I am disappointed every time I walk past my new truck in the morning to get into her car. But when I drive it on the weekends for errands and family outings, that smile pops up once again and reminds me how much I miss driving my truck!
Update! I finally have my Ranger back full time! Wife's foot is no longer broken and she can drive her own car again. And I couldn't be happier to be driving my truck again! I spent a good portion of the day yesterday getting it back into "my" condition again; moving things around inside, cleaning it up, all those things. I even enjoyed running around doing errands in the morning, just because it meant I could drive my truck again.

We also went on a 10 day vacation last week, and stopped by to see my grandparents. My grandpa worked at the Dearborn plant for many, many years as a millwright, and ended up retiring from Ford. He's always been a Ranger guy (has a last gen one now), and very much enjoyed checking mine out in detail. Took him for a ride and the smile never left his face! When he got out afterwards, he said he "might have to get me one of these".

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Have an XLT Sport, thinking about the 2-2.5" front strut lift kit to level with rear height... any of you all have any luck/recommendations? I googled the kit and there seems to be two distinct types; solid bushing or steel type. Pics would be helpful too!
Thx.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
I still get it. Had it since May. More now that I changed out tires and wheels and added the Eibach Suspension lift. Get compliments daily.
nc_oc=AQmyHvFewWt7RZjC-nHhATaz0ASh4R84ZDUsYvXq7ulk1iK6kV2jun4CrfKbmtYCLrk&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
how is the eibach ride? less bouncy than factory?

Black Knight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
My smile faded when my Sync 3 radio quit working after two weeks (753 Miles). Dealer says two weeks to get the part.
Any one else have this issue?

Daniel Scarbrough

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER FX4 LARIAT W/ SPORT PACKAGE 501A {HOT PEPPER RED}
how is the eibach ride? less bouncy than factory?
Feels a bit better. I think most of the bounce/floaty-ness is from the lightweight leafsprings in the back. Offroad it's smooth though. Hit ruts and bumps with ease.