Sponsored

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
I’ve had white cars before, the last being a 2013 Lincoln MKX. I really don’t mind white but if I had an option I’d prefer red,gray, or blue. At this time beggars can’t be choosers
Welcome to the forum! The white will grow on you! My last three vehicles were black and I got tired of trying to keep them clean ;)

By the way, be sure to check out the Oxford White threads:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/oxford-white-ranger-club-thread.1049/

OP
OP
olyeller

olyeller

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD FX4, 2019 Challenger R/T
Occupation
Retired
Welcome Greg. Fantastic truck and fantastic community along behind it. Amazing you were able to snag at above invoice during these rough times, if I may ask what was the total price before taxes? It is quite interesting you got a vehicle at this price when most are marked up 2.5k-10k. I know you have a challenger, but every thought of a fun tuned truck? Well you own half of the equation, just research on which tune you want :) I have read good things about FP tune, Unleashed and Livernois. 5star will get you a 5 second 0-60 stock ranger but it comes at the cost of stressing your drivetrain and I have read a few issues with 5star. I won't knock anyone getting 5 star as it is their money and fun but they do offer a warranty on their tune which most don't. Pay to play I guess.
Probably not going to do a tune. This will likely be my
Hi Greg,

It is hoped that your new Ranger delivers on your expectations as did your 1993... If you visit SW Arizona in the summer...you will appreciate your white Ranger!

Happy Motoring....

Best,
Phil
My girl lives in Florida. We do 6 months here in Washington on the island and 6 months in Florida so I’m sure we will really like the white. I’ve only had the truck for 16 hours and the color is growing on me.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Probably not going to do a tune. This will likely be my

My girl lives in Florida. We do 6 months here in Washington on the island and 6 months in Florida so I’m sure we will really like the white. I’ve only had the truck for 16 hours and the color is growing on me.
The white is sharp! :like:

OP
OP
olyeller

olyeller

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD FX4, 2019 Challenger R/T
Occupation
Retired
Welcome Greg. Fantastic truck and fantastic community along behind it. Amazing you were able to snag at above invoice during these rough times, if I may ask what was the total price before taxes? It is quite interesting you got a vehicle at this price when most are marked up 2.5k-10k. I know you have a challenger, but every thought of a fun tuned truck? Well you own half of the equation, just research on which tune you want :) I have read good things about FP tune, Unleashed and Livernois. 5star will get you a 5 second 0-60 stock ranger but it comes at the cost of stressing your drivetrain and I have read a few issues with 5star. I won't knock anyone getting 5 star as it is their money and fun but they do offer a warranty on their tune which most don't. Pay to play I guess.
Sorry, as a new guy here, I’m learning how to reply to posts. I likely won’t be doing a tune on the truck. It will become my daily driver as well as the vehicle my girl and I use to travel annually from the PNW to Florida and back. I may do some off reading but most will likely be on sandy beaches. Always have my Hemi equipped Challenger if I want a spirited drive for fun. I’m considering getting a bed topper (canopy) and have several extras on order from Amazon to make my truck mine.

As for price I paid, I really don’t want to disclose this as it often leads to discussion about Invoice pricing vs MSRP. The dealer showed me the factory invoice and after the discounts, and other charges waived (eg $150 doc fee) it came out to $160 over invoice. I’m happy with that and it was a couple grand under the sticker. Hope that helps.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome Greg, and congratulations on the new Ranger. Enjoy

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Sorry, as a new guy here, I’m learning how to reply to posts. I likely won’t be doing a tune on the truck. It will become my daily driver as well as the vehicle my girl and I use to travel annually from the PNW to Florida and back. I may do some off reading but most will likely be on sandy beaches. Always have my Hemi equipped Challenger if I want a spirited drive for fun. I’m considering getting a bed topper (canopy) and have several extras on order from Amazon to make my truck mine.

As for price I paid, I really don’t want to disclose this as it often leads to discussion about Invoice pricing vs MSRP. The dealer showed me the factory invoice and after the discounts, and other charges waived (eg $150 doc fee) it came out to $160 over invoice. I’m happy with that and it was a couple grand under the sticker. Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for the reply. Don’t worry about learning the forum system :) it’s a bit different from a lot of things. I am sure that challenger is amazing. Enjoy the truck, it will be reliable IMO.

Thanks for the reply on the pricing as well. So it confirms my hunches that prices are not so much dealer created but factory/ford marked up. Vehicle prices certainly are coming into a new age, will we ever catch up? Hopefully.
Sponsored