Help Me with Roof Top Tent Stuff, Please!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a used SmittyBilt Overlander tent this past weekend. It's in mostly nice condition with a couple of small flaws that I will need to fix.
2020-11-17 12.31.54.jpg

First off, it's got a little mildew on it in spots. I assume this is from not being properly aired out after a camping trip? I was planning on buying some Star Brite Mold & Mildew Stain Remover spray. Does anybody have any better suggestions for cleaning up the fabric?
71nEcXk8ZlL._AC_SY879_.jpg

The next issue was it was missing parts of the mounting hardware. I'm working off the assumption that a lot of tents run a pretty standardized mounting setup, and I ordered this ARB kit from Amazon:
815118_01.jpg

I just want to confirm it will fit the bill. I have the parts that slide into the rails under the tend, but the bolts I have look too short and I don't have the flat bar that secures it to the rack.

The tent also didn't have any kind of lighting or power installed in it, and I believe it came from the manufacture with some sort of 12v run up to the tent and maybe LED lighting. I'd be interested in seeing what you guys have set up for that. I have a quiet dual fuel generator inbound for powering a fridge/freezer overnight as well as a small AC unit (Don't judge, fat boy needs his AC at night!) and phone charging duties. I also have a solar light I can potentially charge during the day to keep in the tent in the evenings. But I would still like to see if there is a better way for me to be doing it!

And lastly, the travel cover is showing some wear. I'm going to try to use some sort of shoe goo to clean up any breaches in the cover to keep water from intruding into the tent while it's parked on my truck. Has anybody ever had to replace one of these covers? Where do you source them?

Other than that, I would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer on how to deal with one of these things! Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited: