First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Not a mechanic
Hello all, I’ve had an interesting experience with my Ranger in the past 2 days. Luckily all the issues I had seem to have been resolved up to this point. However there is a new problem I have noticed, when I press my key FOB to lock the truck, the lights don’t flash at all. The headlights are aftermarket (morimoto XB) but the tail lights are stock and both are not flashing when I lock the truck. I noticed this tonight almost 2 hours ago. The horn still honks to notify me that it’s locked but that’s it. And when I unlock the truck it acts completely normal as in the lights flash and my particular headlights have a sequence that plays upon unlocking, startup. This issue appeared suddenly, any advice? ( attached this picture in hopes of providing any additional needed context) the picture is from yesterday when I took it to get scanned after a very concerning drive home. Btw I do believe it went into “limp mode” recently if that helps
DDC18B15-16BE-4033-B0D3-17C204C00DD2.jpeg
Sponsored

HeatXfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired Pipefitter & commercial HVACR Tech
Wow, crickets. I'm experiencing the same right now. My truck is completely stock other than a disconnected BMS for a few months. I'm going to do a deeper search of the forum to see if there's any insight on the issue.

EDIT: I found this old post in the FocusFanatics forum:
Locking

Press the button to lock all the doors. The turn signals will flash.
Press the button again within three seconds to confirm that all the doors
are closed. The doors will lock again, the horn will sound and the turn
signals will flash if all the doors and the luggage compartment are closed.

Note: If locking was not successful or any door or the liftgate is open, or
if the hood is open on vehicles with a perimeter alarm or remote start,
the horn will sound twice and the lamps will not flash.
While it's not as clear as that, I found this on page 60 of my 2019 Ranger owner's manual:
Press the button again within three seconds to confirm that all the doors are closed. The doors will lock again, the horn will sound and the direction indicators will flash if all the doors are closed.
Well, that was my problem. I feel a bit embarrassed I didn't figure that out earlier. :facepalm:

Last edited: